cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need a customized search help which can show me only General values tab of standard search help. This tab only contains Input selection and Result set. Can I use this component(WDR_F4_ELEMENTARY) in Z-Component and modify the standard properties as required. Please guide me how can i achieve this requirement easily.

Thanks,

Sekhar.J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar.J,

I'd suggest it would be much easier if you actually just looked at the standard search help that your want.

If you have multiple tabs on your search help, it is probably a collective search help, which is made up of lots of individual search helps (the tabs).

You should be able to drill into the collective search help, find the particular tab you are interested in and just configure your attribute to use that as a search help - rather than the collective search help.

What is it that you are searching on?

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your quick Reply. I need some search help on Vendor field. Input filter can be like, on Name, City, Material Type like some 3 more fields are there. In ECC we have created an Elementary serach help and refered it. Now if i click on F4, It opens up two tabls 1. Personal Values 2. General Value List tabs. Here we don't need Personal Values Tab. This needs to be achieved. Please guide me how can get the same.

Thanks,

Sekhar.J

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think u cannot modify the standard one but you can include your custom search help with it

you should create an elementry search help with general value list fields and go to statndard search help for the vendor i.e. KRED_T and in tab included search help insrt your elementry search help, for your elementry search help you also need to write a search help exit function module for youe elementry search help whos interface will be similar to F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at this thread - [;

Same issue as you have - someone wants to disable the personal value list.

Not sure how well this transports though - I've had issues with this sort of personalisation being moved successfully between systems.

But seems to have solved these folk's problems

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 possibilities to achieve this:

1. personalization/configuration: If you want to hide the "personal values list" tab for a single user only (personalization), just right click on the tab and select "User Settings" -> "Hide Tab" - that's it. If you want to hide the tab for all users, you have to configure it as Chris already described.

personalization/configuration has the advantage that you can adapt standard searchhelps without modification.

2. use a searchhelp exit and set callcontrol-pvalues = 'D'. There's an example in Web Dynpro application WDR_TEST_DDIC_SHLP -> Search Help Exits -> second input field (the corresponding searchhelp is AROWDRTEST_SHEXIT_01). This approach should be used if it doesn't make sense to have personal values in the first place. The disadvantage is that you have to develop your own searchhelp or you have to modify the standard searchhelp. For SAP NetWeaver 700 systems, the "Personal values list"-tab is still visible but is disabled. For Enhancemet Pack 1 and higher, the "Personal values list" link (the tabs have been replaced by links) will be invisible.

Regards,

Ralf