cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

characteristic has in skip status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When I am doing Result recoding for a material one characteristic has in skip status. I have assigned free inspection in inspection plan, not using dynamic modification rule. And the characteristic is a qualitative & also SPC(chart type: Shewhart chart for p / USA) is activated.

When I am doing results recording first it is enable, but 2nd time results recording in skip status,

Please help me,

Regards,

Sbabu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge what you have said is you are using free inspection points.

The it must be allowing you to do RR for the same set of char.That means a char which has skip status ( status :4) will always remain in skip even if you carry out RR multiple times on same set.System will through msg that you want to carry out RR despite of Skip status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

For 2nd time results recording the characteristic is in skip status(4) , all the remaining characteristics status:1(must be processed), How can i control the status of the characteristic?.And the characteristic is a qualitative & also SPC(chart type: Shewhart chart for p / USA) is activated.

Regards,

Sbabu.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure how you can have a qualititative characteristic that is also an SPC characteristic. SPC characteristics must be quantitative to the best of my knowledge. I'm surprised you can even set the control indicators up like that. I am going to try that myself when I get back on a system.

The only reason why it would go to a skip status on the second insp. point is if it was using DMR.

Did you by chance have DMR on previously in this inspection plan? If you had it set at plan/chara for char 0010 in the plan and just change the MIC it might still think the DMR is in play.

I'd do a new inspection plan from scratch to test.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Thanks a lot for u'r support

Regards,

SBabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether you are using previous version of MIC with DMR. Sometimes we change MIC and save in another version and forget to change the MIC in insp. Plan.

Answers (0)