cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlashIsland: Access the swf file from MIME of another WD component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As we know, we can make the FlashIsland to load any swf file according to the file name at the runtime. We just need to put all the swf files that may be loaded by FlashIsland in MIMEs of the WD component which contains the FlashIsland.

I want to know whether it is possible for the FlashIsland to get the swf file from other WD components' MIMEs at runtime. Or is it possible for the FlashIsland to load the swf file in the shared folder, just like other web applications, JSP, ASP.NET, PHP, etc?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Johnny Zhuang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomVanDoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see no problem in one component using a mime of another component.

in your flashisland you have to give the path to the mime in the source field.

Just fully specify the path

./SAP/BC/WEBDYNPRO/COMPONENT/MIME

or make it relative if it's in the same package

../COMPONENTNAME/MIME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I tryied several combinations of the path, but it still do not work.

../SAP/BC/WEBDYNPRO/COMPONENT/MIME/aaa.swf

../SAP/BC/WEBDYNPRO/COMPONENT/MIMEs/aaa.swf

../SAP/BC/WEBDYNPRO/sap/COMPONENT/MIME/aaa.swf

../SAP/BC/WEBDYNPRO/sap/COMPONENT/MIMEs/aaa.swf

../COMPONENTNAME/MIME/aaa.swf

../COMPONENTNAME/MIMEs/aaa.swf

Even, the componentname is its own component's name, the flashisland is not able to load the swf. Crazy.....

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try

../COMPONENTNAME/aaa.swf

as I'm guessing if this is supposed to just be a relative path to the local MIMEs - I've never needed to add /MIME/ to get access the the files stored in the MIME folder.

Good luck,

Cheers,

Chris

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I recently did a shared FlashIsland SWF for a workshop (I didn't want 100 copies of the SWF in my system for each student) and I can confirm that using the following construct works:

../<WD Component Name>/<Flex File>.swf

As stated - no need to specify MIME as a folder.

Example:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tjung/4514888870/

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks all. This issue is resolved.

Regards,

Johnny

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonny,

Perhaps rather than centralising all your MIME objects, it might be a better process to componentise all your islands.

Then all your applications could use the same component - which as the related MIME object loaded against it.

This helps support understand which applications are using which SWF files as the where-used functionality is very simple.

By doing this, you are also ensuring that coding/binding of the input/output parameters of the island and its events are correctly handled - and only have to be mapped once, rather than many times.

I think it may be possible to dynamically map the MIME, but I think possibly it wouldn't be a good idea.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Your suggestion is a good solution which is helpful to reuse the swf files and FlashIslands.

Another concern for us is that the enhancement for customers. One requirement is the customer can enchance the dashboards but without modifying any components we provide. Suppose he is not satisfied with the layout of the dashboard, he want to create a new one and replace the one we provide, then he has to modify the WD component because he need to upload his swf file to our MIME object, this is what we want to prevent. The best solution we are considering is that there is a particular shared folder and all the swf files are stroed there. What the customer needs to do is only to put his swf file into it and config the path of the swf file. The FlashIsland will load the new swf file dynamically according to the newly configured file name combined with the path.

Johnny