cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate indexing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created an index for documents in KM and I need to automate indexing such that when a user uploads/changes a file, incremental indexing would take place for that file. I've seen in the 'Index administration' iView that I can define the crawler scheduler but this is base on time and not detection of new/changed files. Is it even possible to automate incremental indexing base on change of a file?

Thanks,

ZM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not seen that feature. However you could implement a repository service that listened for update events in the KM repository and then trigger an update of the index. I am not sure if the API's exist to just update the index for that one file or not.

Sorry I can't help more,

Simon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorcan,

That's only if we use KM's internal repository - CM correct? However, we're using several repositories, including CM. Thus, in such a scenario, this would not work. correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks.

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenmin,

Yes that is correct, the automatic update only applies to CM repositories. FOr other non CM repositories then creating a regular schedule would be the only other option.

Regards,

Lorcan.

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ZM,

If you are using a pure DB repository in KM then the files will be automatically indexed once they are uploaded or an incremental update will take place when a file is changed or deleted, the KM eventing takes care of this. There is no need to define a schedule in this scenario. If you are using a FS repository then you would need to schedule your indexing runs as you have already mentioned.

Regards,

Lorcan.