cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling RFC via Java Mapping, response is not coming back with added fields

0 Kudos

I have an existing java mapping, that would call an rfc that I developed. A new change was made which included a new export parameter. When I call the bapi directly with the values, the new export parameter shows data. When I call via my java mapping, the new export parameter does not show up. I reimported the rfc and checked the namespace etc, but can not figure out why my new needed values are not coming across. (The old values are still showing up, so I know the connection is good) Has anyone seen this before?

Cheers

Devlin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devlin,

Are you calling the RFC via any channel in the java mapping? if yes then try to stop and start the channel in Runtime workbench.

Regards

Suraj

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone, It was just restarting the rfc adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u r using the Java Mapping then, even if u dnt import the RFC to Repository also it should work.....

So as ur post if the RFC is wrkng fine in the source system... and also i belive u have given it as a Remote enabled...

Then can u please post the source and target XML u r sending and receiving for the RFC in error log and have a look on it..

System.err.println().. will print the contents u passed in error log...

So u can try to put it in the new java code which u r deploying in archieve... also make sure that u r using the recent class in the mapping archive and operation mapping

Babu

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Devlin,

Perform a complete CPA cache refresh(with user XIDIRUSER).

The problem should be solved.

Thanks

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

RFC metadata are cached in the corresponding RFC adapter, so once the new structure has been activated and reimported, you need to restart the corresponding adapter ...

Rgds

Chris

Edited by: Christophe PFERTZEL on Apr 9, 2010 9:54 AM

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Devlin,

>I reimported the rfc and checked the namespace etc,

1) Did you activated the object after changes

2)Do cache refresh ( Tcode -SXI_CACHE)

Cheers

Agasthuri