cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting/Blocking purchase orders positions: How this action affect in FM??

lorena_dogliani2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'd would like to know what happens when an user wants to block or delete a position in a purchase order and the budget in the budgetary key has been moved to another budgetary key.

Is correct that SAP warned with an error message that you canno't block or delete a position in a PO because there are not enough budget?

For more information, I will copy the error message:

Annual budget exceeded by 1.369.014,10 ARS (Availability Control Ledger Z1) for several document items from item 00010 on

Message no. FMAVC008

Diagnosis

The annual budget is exceeded by 1.369.014,10 ARS (Availability Control Ledger Z1) for several document items from item 00010 onward. Budget control on outgoing amounts ( ceiling type Expenditures) raised this message for the following combination of availability control ledger, fiscal year (and if applicable, year of cash effectivity) and control object:

Z1/2011/12.1199/A0F00000/31/A01.00.1001/GENERICO

Thank you for your kindly help!

Regards,

Lorena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lorena,

Regarding the error itself:

Please check if this PO has a PR (purchase requisition) or an earmarked funds assigned with a value higher than this one from PO. Because if the line is deleted, budget will return to the previous document related to this PO.

Regarding the system behaviour (block X delete line):

As of release 5.00, this behaviour is the standard design of the system. Please check the note 666693 (do not apply). The functionallity of note 666693 has become standard from ECC 5.00 on.

This is due to an harmonization of the behaviour of the purchase requisition and the purchase order with the behaviour of other documents such as the earmarked funds.

For all types of documents, a block should not update commitments. If you check FMIOI for the line you will see that the commitment still there and this is correct.

As of release 500, blocking a line item on a purchase order or a purchase requisition will not update FM. However, if you delete a line item from a PO the amount should change in order to cancel the budget consumption; according to your system's settings.

Based on the many situations that the PO can be in when the user sets the BLOCK, the important item to note is that the BLOCK is there for MM to prevent follow-on activities. As for commitment updating, it will return the data to it's previous state.

For deletion, the previous state would be one where the deletion flag is not set.

For instance, if the PO fully reduced a PR and the deletion flag is set, the PR is reopened. Now, setting the BLOCK, sets the PR to fully reduced and the PO will appear as open for commitment posting-but MM will not allow this as long as the BLOCK flag is set-it has to be manually removed.

I hope this helps to explain the system functionality.

The change of behaviour was published in the 500 release notes under paragraph 30.1.6.6.

I hope I could answer your inquiry

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

Answers (0)