cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Error while opening Web UI in a new browser window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

My requirement is to launch one of my custom Web UI screens in a new window upon clicking a button.

I am successfull in lauching it in new window.

How did I do it:

Step 1) Created a custom object type (ZOBJ) for my z component in SPRO->UI Framework Definition->Define UI Object Types.

Step 2) Created a logical link (ZLL) for my Z component in SPRO->UI Framework->Technical Role Definition->Define Navigation Bar Profile.

After that, In the same path, select Define Profile->Define Generic OP mapping->(Here Assign Object type ZOBJ(step 1) and Logical link ZLL(step 2) )

Then created a dynamic URL and passed this URL to the "on_client_click" parameter of my button.

Sample code is below.

I put the below in the .htm of the view where my button was declared.

data: lv_url_string TYPE string.
lv_url_string = 'http://server name:port number/sap/bc/bsp/sap/crm_ui_frame/default.htm?sap-syscmd=nocookie&
crm-object-type=ZOBJ&crm-object-action=B'.

Note: Here ZOBJ is my custom object type that I created for my Z component.

<thtmlb:button id            = "NW"
                     onClientClick = "javascript:window.open('<%= lv_url_string %>');"               
                     tooltip       = "New Window"
                     text          = "New Window" />

Problem I am facing:

The above code is successfully opening my custom screen in a new window.

But on the toolbar (where we usually see error messages in Web UI),

I am getting an error message with the below description.

Type= SYSTEM_ERROR, ID= ERROR_SESSION_INIT, description= 16AA9A3937A9BB56E10000000A11447B

I am not able to understand what this error is. The message is appearing only for the first time I am displaying my Z component in a new screen. Interestingly, when I do some action on my screen (expand the assignment block for example), this message is gone. This message doesn't seem to be effecting any functionality, but the users certainly don't want to see an error messsage like this.

I did some research on this and this error looks to be coming from the class CX_WS_MESSAGE_SYSTEM.

This class has an attribute (CX_ROOT) with initial value "16AA9A3937A9BB56E10000000A11447B" (same one I am getting in my error message). I am not sure though because this attribute (CX_ROOT) is present in several other classes also.

I would really appreciate if somebody can throw some light on this issue.

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We faced a similar situation in ICWebClient Email it's not possible to send an email to multiple recipients. The email is only send to the first recipient listed. We received the following error message:

We applied some correction notes. Please check if some correction notes available.

regards,

Muralidhar Prasad.C

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for the information,

In my original post, in Step 1, I didn't mention the name of my z component anywhere (I didn't even see that option) while creating the object type. I just created an object type.

Later in Step 3, I linked my Logical link (of my z component) to the Object type I created in Step 1.

This is working for me but again the error is appearing.

Please let me know if I am missing anything here.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj

How did you solve the isue mentioned.

I am facing the same problem.

Would be good if you could share the solution.

Thanks.

Regards,

Monica

arunprakash_karuppanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Prepare a URL in the same session. Try and see if this works,

cl_crm_web_utility=>create_url( iv_path = '/sap/bc/bsp/sap/crm_ui_frame/default.htm'
                                                        iv_absolute        = abap_true
                                                        iv_query           = 'crm-object-type=ZOBJ&crm-object-action=B'
                                                        iv_in_same_session = abap_true
                                                        iv_no_cookie       = abap_true
                                                        iv_server_object   = server ). "server attribute of the view controller class.

Regards,

Arun Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the way you suggested. But unfortunately I am still getting the same old error.

Forget to mention something...actually I am seeing this error in the new session (window) only. My original window is not showing any error.

And also just FYI...This is inside the Interaction Center Web UI profile ->Account Identification -> Identify Account->Enter Account ID->Click on Confirm button.

At this point, I am first showing a popup window with text "Do you want to open Partner details in new window".

This popup has 2 buttons 'Yes' and 'No'.. If the user clicks on 'Yes', then I am opening my custom screen (Partner Details) in a new window.

This is the point I am seeing the error (only in the new window).

Type= SYSTEM_ERROR, ID= ERROR_SESSION_INIT, description= 16AA9A3937A9BB56E10000000A11447B

This custom screen contains several (only) assignment blocks (all lazy initially). When the user expands on any assigment block, the error is gone and everything looks good.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Raj

arunprakash_karuppanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess we cannot have two tabs open in the same session. I'm not sure anymore. Refer this thread also.

[]

Regards,

Arun Prakash