cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP mail configuration and status notifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two issues with e-mailing from SAP that I hope somebody can help me with.

1. I have SAP configured to send e-mails but I need to change the notifications. In SCOT I have it set to expect receipt confirmation but they want the delivery status to still come back but not have the recipient get the "read receipt" message. I changed SCOT to not expect a receipt and then I lost both. How can I set it up to get the delivery status without the recipient being asked a read receipt message?

2. We would like to be able to use SOST and SOSB for the users to see the status notifications of the e-mails they sent. Currently, the status is sent and the delivery status goes into the users exchange inbox. We also have workflow using the e-mail address in the user master so I don't think I can mess with that. The e-mail address in the user's record is their normal e-mail address and SAP sends the request to our exchange server and it relays the mail. How can I get the delivery status messages relayed back to SAP? Is it something the network administrator can change on the exchange server?

Thanks for you help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

1 as far as i know: not possible but if used internally only you could ask your admins to auto send read receipts.

check http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2298.txt

2 not possible unless you have your own domain for sap: xxx atcompany.com and xxx at sap.company.com

(not sure you can overwrite the Return-Receipt-To: the sap mailbox...) to be investigated but this could be the solution "in the middle":

send from xxx at company.com set read receipt to xxx atsap.company.com ...

never tried it...

Let me know if you would consider this option so i can check a bit deeper.