cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registered Server Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We provide Program ID while configuring RFC connection of Type T after selecting Regitered Server Program RadioButton.

What is the function of this program in RFC->XI->SOAP scenarion? How do we register it?Do we need to code this program?

Through which transaction can we check Gateway Host of Application System.

Please throw light on it.

Thanks and Regards,

Alok.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

>>What is the function of this program in RFC->XI->SOAP scenarion? How do we register it?Do we need to code this program?

You need to provide same program id (as that of your RFC destination) while configuring the sender RFC adapter. XI will register this program id on the R/3 SAP gateway once the XI components are activated.

>>Through which transaction can we check Gateway Host of Application System

SMGW

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for reply. Now connection test of RFC connection is not giving any error.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Guess my mail server is down so not sure if my mail reached you. Anyway found this thread you posted and am replying in this

I have some doubts.

1. The RFC which you are created, Does it contains any source code. <b>>> no there is no source code as I am not altering any data</b>

2. The ProgramID, which we provide while creating TCP/IP destination, is it ID of report program which we write to call the RFC or it is just a string

which we provide while configuring RFC sender Adapter for identification.<b> >>> i guess you already got the answer to this one :-)</b>

ShaBZ~~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thank you very much. I got your mail and Replied to it. I also droped you a mail as i got stuck while testing.

I am getting short dump while running ABAP program with error "call to messaging system failed: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException:"

In SXMB_MONI error says:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

<!-- Call Adapter -->

<SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MESSAGE">GENERAL</SAP:Code><SAP:P1/>

<SAP:P2/>

<SAP:P3/>

<SAP:P4/>

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace=""/>

<SAP:Stack/>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

could you please tell me the reason and work around.

Thanks and Regards,

Alok.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

chk the following;

1. Have you given the SOAP action ?

2. If there is a proxy setup do give the relevant details.

3. chk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

When I type URL "http://webservices.imacination.com/distance/Distance.jws" I get a page saying this a webservice. I didnt get any popup asking UserID and PassWD. Authentication data for proxy and now i m getting this error

"<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: invalid http response: <HTML></SAP:AdditionalText>"

Any idea how to get valid response. Does this webservice requires UserID and PassWD? According to ur blog you used same webservice, so hope you will decipher it easly.

Thanks and Regards,

Alok.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does this webservice requires UserID and PassWD? >>>

i am talking about the SOAP adapter configuration. Just check if you have a proxy configured in your network.If so you might have to give the details of the same the ip and port + user id and owd if any .....

Also do specify the SOAP action as specified in the blog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

I have proxy configured and I have provided proxy details in Adapter configuration.

I have also specified the soap action as getDistance.

Regards,

alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In trace of message monitoring i am getting "<Trace level="3" type="T">HTTP-client: status code = 200</Trace>"

It means it is accessing the webservices. So, why i am getting HTTP Request? Please decipher it.

Regards,

Alok

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i hope you have provided both mapping (req. and resp.).

are you getting the response back in SXMB_MONI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Yeah i have provided both mapping.

I am also getting response in SXMB_MONI.

Regards,

Alok

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if so at which point are you facing problems ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubarish,

I think when response comes from WEbservices it is in the form of HTML as the error say:

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: invalid http response: <HTML></SAP:AdditionalText>

In SXMB_MONI Both request and response message has red button flag indicating system error.

any idea

Regards,

Alok

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just a hint ... note that the webservice expects only US pincodes. Are you following the same ? what is the input to your Webservice ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubarish,

Sorry for let reply.

My input Parameters are:

fromZIP = '12222'

toZIP = '22222'

Can i debug this to know exactly what is the response?

Thanks and Regards,

Alok.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

give your SOAP action as getDistance. Also did you use the XSD for response specified in the part 1 blog ?

Also Ref: /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Message was edited by: Shabarish Vijayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

I have provided SOAP Action as getDistance and have used XSD response as specified in your blog. I also ran throught the blog "Troubleshooting - RFC and SOAP scenarios". But i am not able to pinpoint the cause of error.

If we can check what response(which is in HTNL format as SXMB_MONI says) is coming then we can figure out its rootcause.

Thanks and Regards,

Alok.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you checck the query string checck box in SOAP adapter ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Yeah I did that.

Regards,

alok.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hmmm we r running out of trouble shooting steps here ...

last thing now would be to do a cross check with the blogs from the start .... s

Something has to be missing ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thanks Shabarish for generous help. I will do a cross check from scratch and try to fix it. I will let you know when i get through it.

Thanks and Regards,

Alok.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When am testing the scenario, am getting a dump :

call to messaging system failed: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException:

In the Runtime Workbench : in message monitoring

am getting error status in "SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: No such operation 'getDistanceRequest'" .

Please help me out.