cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem sending publication to DynamicRecipient List

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've found some similar posts to my question, but I didn't find an answer...thus the new post.

Iu2019m having problems sending a Crystal Report to a DynamicRecipient list in an Infoview publication (3.1). The Crystal PDFs were generated, but not sent. Here is one of the entries from the Failed log:

2010-04-08 09:04:19,122 ERROR [PublishingService:HandlerPool-44] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminLog_Instance_5159 - [Publication ID # 5159] - Distribution to destination CrystalEnterprise.Smtp (To: fname.lnameATcompany.com) failed. Recipient: 63, Document Scope: ReportEmailBurstTest1 : 5173 (Pdf) : ({Recipients.ID}=63). address error. [[CrystalEnterprise.Smtp] ([1]/[2])]: [Error sending address(es) to SMTP server. Return code: [SMTP 501 - Syntax error in parameters or arguments.]. Reason: [DanM Test Send].] (FBE60013)

Iu2019ve ensured there are u201CEmailu201D destinations setup on the following servers:

ProgramJobServer

PublicationJobServer

CrystalReportsJobServer

DestinationJobServer

Iu2019ve ensured the Destination properties of the Publication are correctu2026the email addresses are correct (though perhaps not formatted correctly?)

Thanks, Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my setting, this error was caused by data in the 'From:' setting on the CrystalReportsJobServer (Edge 3.1 communicating with Outlook STMP).

From: did not like a blank field or plain text e.g. 'EdgeReportServer'

The error resolved when I entered a legitimate looking spoofed email (no such actual account) in the form of xxxxxx @ yyyyy.zzz

I updated the destination and publication servers as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is one possibility:

This error message appears because the domain name was not specified. To resolve the error message do the following:

1. Log on to the Central Management Console.

2. Go to Servers > Job Server > Destinations > Email (SMTP) > Properties.

3. Include the domain name of the Sendmail server in the 'Domain Name' property.

Following these steps allows you to schedule reports through SMTP successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. I already have a valid domain name in there, so I'm not sure that's it. Any other thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your SMTP server multihomed (does it have multiple IP addresses)? Try using IP in the configuration of the destination tab for the Destination Job Server.

Have you tried sending to just one user in the fully qualified format (so john smith @ whatever.com without the spaces rather than just john smith) to make sure it's not an invalid email in a list?