cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the Group to which a given Right belongs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Using VB6 and COM libraries to query a BOE XI R2 (SP3) CMS, I need to build an interface to display the rights of a given user, over a given InfoObject (report or folder).

I can already get the list of rights for the user, which is rather simple, like this:

Reports(1).SecurityInfo.ObjectPrincipals(5).Rights

The returned list of rights contains the following properties for each right: Description, Granted, ID, Inherited, Owner.

Granted, Inherited and Owner are boolean values wich tell me if the user has or not the right over the object. So far so good.

The problem is that Description and ID are not enough to identify the rights, because there are groups of rights, and the name (description) can repeat between groups. And ID's are randomly seeded whenBOE XI is installed, so -for example- the right "Refresh the report's data" has ID 12345 in my dev server, but the same right has ID 9876 in the production server.

I REALLY REALLY NEED to be able to tell if a user has been -again, for example- granted the right to "Refresh the report's data" for Web Intelligence, BUT NOT for Desktop Intelligence. The right's description is the same for both, the only way to tell one from the other is through the ID, but I don't know which one is Webi and Which one is Deski, or even if is just RPT. With the tools at hand, it seems there is no way to tell.

Googling around I've found this topic in another forum: http://forumtopics.org/busobj/viewtopic.php?p=355459&sid=14d9b7e759cdc3126a0b8c42cd2670d0

Apparently, at the time this was posted, this problem already existed, and there was no solution to it. Does anyone know if there is a solution for this nowadays?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, I've now also tried the .NET libraries in an attempt to find more detailed objects under the SecurityInfo class, with the same -useless- results. It looks like this is going nowhere.

Is there a way to get official support from SAP on this issue?