cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows form or web app?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the common or best way to build an crystal report with interactive button where anyone without crystal reports can view and print from?

What would you suggest for a couple of good books on learning crystal reports and visual studio?

Thanks for the help as you can well guess I need it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It all depends on your requirements.

Using a web app would be less hassle since you would only need to install the Crystal runtimes on the server and not each persons machine like you would with a windows app.

Read the forum post at the top of this forum called [Read Before Posting - Where to find Crystal Reports .NET SDK resources|; It has links to the documentation and samples.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you could help me with the other half of this question as well? You said install runtimes on server. Could you explain what I need to do to get my web project available to others? Meaning do I need to install something on the server or what? Maybe you could give me a basic overview and I can look up what you say further in the forums or the web. Thanks for any help...

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to deploy our runtimes onto the web server if you are going with a web app.

The instructions for deploying our stuff is located in the VS.NET help files, search for Crystal Reports and then deployment in that section.

You can find the various runtime files [here|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=56787567]

Jason

Answers (0)