Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters to create users .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create some users in su01.

But i need all must be created with a first alfabetic caracter and 6 last numbers. Ex : C212121

All new users created have to be like this.

So if anyone try to create users diferent than this, some erro message appear, been impossible to create.

Is that possible ?? Display some erro message if the user has not with first alfabetic caracter and 6 last numbers ??

Thank`s.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned above, only defining the format should be enough. However if you still want to force it, you can request for a custom modification of the standard sap program used.

In this case, Function module SUSR_USER_MAINT_WITH_DIALOG can be customized. Please get in touch with your abap team for the modification.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

6 REPLIES 6

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not as far as Im aware... the deployment and control of the user naming convention is entirely up to you.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no such enforcement on the user id(enforcement of letters numbers and digits available only on passwords).

SAP gives us free of control to choose whatever username to keep.

By the way, only Basis/Security admins create userids.

Why can't you apply compliance at that level and you can achive your result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This should be possible only through GRC. Contact your Security admin for this.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen Kumar ,,,

Can you tell me more about GRC ???

So you are telling me that is possible to do what i asked ?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

As far as I'm aware GRC does not provide this funtionallity but im not 100% sure...

I'll forward this to the Security forum where we most likely get an answer.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned above, only defining the format should be enough. However if you still want to force it, you can request for a custom modification of the standard sap program used.

In this case, Function module SUSR_USER_MAINT_WITH_DIALOG can be customized. Please get in touch with your abap team for the modification.

Regards,

Gowrinadh