Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

RFC setting to R/3 system

Hi,

After I install sap netweaver server I want to use RFC adaptor to communicate with a R/3 system.

Any Idea how can I set this connection?

Is it enough to use transaction SM59 and set RFC connection from My R/3 system in my netweaver server?

I did use RFC connection between portal and R/3. But how is FRC connection between to sap server?

Thanx, Reza

Former Member
Former Member replied

> I am not going to communicate with a XI server but an R/3 system. Or it is no deferent it is R/3 or XI server?

we usually use RFC for synchronous communicaton.. In order to communicate from XI to R3

1. you need to import the RFC in XI repository.

2. Create [Receiver RFC channel|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/content.htm]

3. You also need to make sure that the RFC which you are going to use is "Remote Enabled".

I am assuming that you will create other required objects as data type, message type, message mapping in repository & configuration steps e.g Receiver Determination, Interface Determination, etc in directory...

I suggest you to search on sdn for more understanding of RFC adapter and it's configuration..

Here are few links..

RFC Destination type RFC Receiver Adapter?

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question