cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC setting to R/3 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After I install sap netweaver server I want to use RFC adaptor to communicate with a R/3 system.

Any Idea how can I set this connection?

Is it enough to use transaction SM59 and set RFC connection from My R/3 system in my netweaver server?

I did use RFC connection between portal and R/3. But how is FRC connection between to sap server?

Thanx, Reza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Is it enough to use transaction SM59 and set RFC connection from My R/3 system in my netweaver server?

Apart from creating the RFC destination in R3 SM9 of type 'T' you would require to create a RFC communication channel in XI.

You can find the steps in the [_blog_|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1438] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; give by Michal.

Thanks!

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I am not going to communicate with a XI server but an R/3 system. Or it is no deferent it is R/3 or XI server?

I am sorry I can not quite understand this blogs.

So here we go, basically we have to configure 2 things:

a) RFC destination

b) RFC channel in the XI directory

If I do understand, it mines that first set RFC connection on my new server on sm59 and the same connection in R/3 system?

Thanx, Reza

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I am not going to communicate with a XI server but an R/3 system. Or it is no deferent it is R/3 or XI server?

we usually use RFC for synchronous communicaton.. In order to communicate from XI to R3

1. you need to import the RFC in XI repository.

2. Create [Receiver RFC channel|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/content.htm]

3. You also need to make sure that the RFC which you are going to use is "Remote Enabled".

I am assuming that you will create other required objects as data type, message type, message mapping in repository & configuration steps e.g Receiver Determination, Interface Determination, etc in directory...

I suggest you to search on sdn for more understanding of RFC adapter and it's configuration..

Here are few links..

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reza,

I am not sure if your scenario is R3-XI-R3 or some Web- XI- R3

but for sure you have R3 at the receiving end.

IF you want to fetch(call) some RFC from XI then you have to define Receiver RFC communication channel and give the required thing in the communication channel (nothing needs to be done in SM59).

If you want to send something using RFC commincation channel (Sender RFC) then you need to creat RFC destination (in the transaction SM59 of Type "T" with a unique programe ID) in the Calling System(Sender R3 system) and creat the RFC sender communication channel in the XI and give the programe ID there that you have already given in th RFC destination.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SUNIL SINGH,

Thanks,

My scenario is a sap netweaver server abap stack and an R/3 system.

I have not A XI server install. And I do not know why should I create the RFC sender communication channel in the XI server?

Or maybe it work that way I should use XI server for set this RFC connection between sap server and R/3?.

Thanks

Reza

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reza,

If you just want to call a RFC in a ABAP program from another R/3 server then it is possible even without using XI. Just refer Below Link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/042518488911d189490000e829fbbd/content.htm

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

> My scenario is a sap netweaver server abap stack and an R/3 system.

Can you describe the requirement in more detailed way..

>I have not A XI server install.

SAP Netweaver is nothing but you XI/PI server, so it means you have installed the XI/PI. Correct me if I misunderstood anything here.