cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation on hierarchy nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Does anybody know how to change the values of nodes in hierarchies in BEx Query Designer?

I enclose an example to explain my problem:

Node A = 100 (50+50)

A.1 = 50

A.2 = 50

The behaviour of the hierarchy is to add the two values = 100.

Is it possible to make calculations in the hierarchy to represent in the query the following result in Node A ??

Node A = 250 (A.1 * 3 + A.2 * 2)

A.1 = 50

A.2 = 50

Just to give more details, the hierarchy has been done with 2 different infoobjects.

Thanks in advance,

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also you can precalculate values at data loading time into infoprovider if it is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marat. We had thought about the possibility to precalculate and save the calculations into the infoprovider, but our case is more complicated than the example we enclosed in this message.

Could you please give me more details about the option to use exception aggregation and formula variable based on InfoObject attribute? I do not understand how to represent or translate this in the query. In our hierarchy we have 4 levels and the calculations must be done in the 2nd and 1st level. Do you know if that's possible?

Thanks again for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can solve this problem using exception aggregation and formula variable based on InfoObject attribute.

Attribute will contain coefficient to be multiplied for each InfoObject value.

Exception aggregation will change aggregation behaviour of hierarchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No ideas?

Thanks!