cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration EWA in clien with two solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a question I am activating EWA ¡on SOlman but I have two solman fo the same company, el first is for management r3 system and second is for management xrpm,bw,portal system.

The EWA is running in the first solman, and the saprouter I think is here too. So I want to activate the EWA in the second solman in the guide I have this note 33135 an this talks about connetion with SAP.

Is possible that the EWA in two solman for the same client.

Addionaly the Should the rscctool report run in the satellites systems too?

Thanks

DS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The CCMS agents can send their data to more than one CEN.

The SDCCN can send data to more than one SM.

SLD data can be exchanged between the two SMs.

But SMD agent and Wily agents can only send to a single SM,

ergo the EWA report data collected through SMD agents and wily agents will be lacking in EWA reports from one SM.

So non-abap performance and change reporting in abap EWA's...

But if you apply a new SPS stack to one SM, you may be able to work out most of the bugs before affecting the other SM's EWA.

This might be important if certain KPI are desired.

We like to collect average respose time of dialog task in the peak hour, but SPS 24 collects average responce time of RFC task in the peak hour -- a useless metric. Had we two SM's we might have known to skip SPS 24.

Ken

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danny

As Paul mentioned they key thing to note when proposing use of 2 Solution Manager systems and one satellite is to avoid the same RFC used by all three systems - each RFC between the satellite and Solution Manager system must be unique and indeed uniquely identifiable - this may also be the case for all scenarios (in addition to just EWA or automatic EWA) whereby the same satellite system or client must communicate with more than one Solution Manager system

Best wishes

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK thanks for information

Regards

DS

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Danny,

There should be no conflicts providing you keep a few things in mind.

On the Satellite, in SDCCN > Setting> Task>Specific> RFC Destination

Please make sure that you define one Solution Manager system as the Master. This will be the Solution Manger system that will schedule an SDCCN EarlyWatch Allert task automatically on the Satellite, throught the Maintenance Package, so it needs tol be the one specificed in the Mainatence Package task. In other words you set up the recommended EWA Activation as documented at http://service.sap.com/ewa for one Solution Manager system.

Then for additional Solutioin Manager systems you would create an SDCCN Task in the same way you would generate an ad hoc EWA report, only you would choose the RFC Destination for the second ( and/or subsequent) Solution Manager systems, and you would specify it as a periodic task so it would reschedule itself each week, so to affect automation of the sending of the SDNNC session data to the other Solution Manager Systems.

This way you will not have conflicts between the solution manager systems.

Regards,

Paul

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Danny,

If I understand your question, are you asking if one managed system can have EWA reports generated on two different solution manager systems? Or did you want to have some managed systems reporting to on Solution Manager system and

other managed systems sending their service session data to another Solution Manager?

It is possible to have more than one SOLMAN system processing EWA reports, but it should be from a load balancing perspective. While you can sendSDCCN session data to two different SOLMAN systems, it really should be sent to the

one marked as master, for automatic EWA generation. You could send the second as a scheduled task on the satellite, but this is not recommended.

RTCCTOOL should run on the Satellite as the Servie Perparation SDCCN Task.

I hope this address your queries.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul

I want to know Are there any conflict with the EWA activating in two solman,

At moment I am running the RTCCTOOL in the satellite system because only in solman is cheked these report and is all green .

Thanks

Danny

Edited by: Danny Sanchez on Apr 8, 2010 8:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Danny,

As long as configured correctly, there should not be any errors having EWA generated for the same satellite system using two different Solution Managers. I see this done a lot of times, specially running one EWA report via Solution Manager and the other being processed at SAP.

The only thing that you may see is once having two Solman's generating these EWA's for a specific Satellite system, if the two Solman's are not at the same patch level or have different set of notes applied to them, the two EWA reports that get generated may not be identical.

Hope this helps you out!

Thanks,

Mark