cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate excel circular references - script logic - BPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to automate in BPC the calculation of financial debt that contains excel circular references, so you have to enable the calculation Automatic iterations properly to work.

I would like to automate the process through a script logic.

I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Regards,

Fernando Chávez.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

for this case first please consider performance when u create such a complex calculation into script BPC, is there anyway u used some of the calculation manually??

if performance not a matters.. for a complex calculation and any circular please kindly use a source data that used in circular so that calculation not repeating in the same account and make it less commit to this script.

Hope it helps.

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Fernando Chávez,

I just want to give you simple suggestions because I don't know your case exactly. The script logic is similiar with SQL script. You could put your logic script in default.lgf or make new file .lgf through BPC Administration Console. If you put it in default.lgf, the SAP BPC will execute it when user sent values through BPC Excel. You also could run the script logic through Data Manager Packages, its runs depend on user execution.

If we are talking about circular and complex formulas in Ms.Excel, I suggest you put your calculation in another worksheet and send values through BPC Excel. Before you define a script logic, the number one is you should to consider performance because its really critical.

Kind Regards,

Wandi Sutandi