cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventive Maintenance on Required days........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

In our plant we are doing preventive maintenance on Saturdays only. We have four critical machines and monthly preventive schedules for these machines are; first Saturday of every month for first machine, 2nd Saturday of month for second machine, 3rd Saturday of month for third and respectively...

Please guide me to handle this scenario in SAP.

Regards,

Bhupender

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narasimhan, Pete A and Naveen,

Thanks for your valuables inputs.

This issue is now solved; I have created one factory calendar with Saturdays as only workdays. In Special rules of this factory calendar I marked 5th Saturdays of respective months and years as holiday, The start date of respective plan of machine's are based on Saturdays of their preventive due dates and inspection cycle as 4 days.

Regards,

Bhupender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell Bhupnedra,

you can also do it by using One factory calender only.

Just create Strategy which have Unit as WEEK.

Assign three packages to this strategy of 1 , 2 and 3weeks.

Now create a plan according to this strategy and package.

Start the plan according to The day of week.

It will work.

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhupender,

One simple way would be to create 4 separate Facory calendars, each one having only the respective saturdays as working days.For ex: create the first Factory calendar which just has the first saturday as working days. Then create the Next Calendar which has only the second saturday as working days and henceforth for the thrid and forth calendar.

Now create a Maintenace plan for each one of the critical equipments and associated the separate factory calendar to them and set the frequency to be 1 day.

This should enable you to achieve what you are looking for.

Regards

Narasimhan

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narasimhan,

Why not have one factory calendar with Saturdays as the working days.

Then your plans are set on 4-day working cycles.

Tip for all: Always remember to keep your factory calendars maintained well into the future (say 3 or 4 years)

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete

Why SAP only allows 3-4 years Mainrtenance of Factory calender?

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimhan,

as per ur suggestion I tried to attach factory calendar in IP41 for resp equip, but the feild 'Factory calender' is Inactive...it is not the i/p feild.

Plz let me know how could we assign factory calender to resp equip?

Amol.