cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Form with attachment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

The requirement is, in the offline form there should be a dialog box to select a file and a button which says 'Attach', when pressed should attach the selected file to the offline form.

1. How do I do the attachment functionality. Do we have any controls for that?

2. When the pdf is sent with attachment, in what format the attachment is sent and how the processing needs to be done.

Any help , suggestion, examples will be of great help.

Regards

Vijai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomson,

Check This Thread for file attachments and Removing in ADOBE

2. When the pdf is sent with attachment, in what format the attachment is sent and how the processing needs to be done.

There are standard Function Modules in SAP, if you pass the PDF document, the attachments will be separated from the PDF.

We have already done this, will reply soon with the exact FM name we used.

Regards,

Chandran S

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would recommend you to check your ERP SE38 programs named FP_* where you will find the demo programs for various scenarios and one of the programs (at least) should help you to attach the files to your form. It should be easy for you to copy the code and do the changes if needed.

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijai,

For attaching files to your offline form you can use Adobe Standard Functionality. Open your form go to option "Document" and select "Attach a File" then you can browse the file from your system and attach.

Once you send the form with attachments, it will be in XSTRING format. You can SAP standard Classes ,interfaces, and

methods to read those attachments:

Write a Function Module or a class and pass import parameter XSTRING and export parameter type TFPATTACHMENTS.

And with in the FM , you can use if_fp, if_fp_pdf_object and it's methods like following:

get_reference( ) , create_pdf_object( connection = c_ads ), set_document( ), set_task_getattachments( )

Execute, call ADS.execute( ) and get_attachments( ) methods..

By using all these methods you can read attachments from the from.

Hope it will clear your doubt.

If you have any difficulty using these classes and methods let me know. I can send you the code nippet...

Regards,

Ravi.D

Edited by: Ravi Devarasetty on Apr 10, 2010 1:41 PM