Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique Count of Vendors in Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BI Gurus;)

I am trying to complete the following.

I need to be able to show the total number of unique vendors in Master Data (Not in the cube)

I do not want to have 0VENDOR in the rows to achieve this. I want the formula to calculate this and not require 0VENDOR in the rows.

I can complete a reference characteric attribute value=1 but this gives me the count of the unique vendors in the cube only and I want the count of unique vendors in Master Data.

FYI there are approx 100 Vendors in the cube but 5000+ in Master Data.

The query result should show the following on one row

Purchasing Org................ Unique Number of Vendors in Master Data

1000 5000

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Stevo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stev,

Create a InfoSet between InfoObject 0VENDOR and InfoCube and create the Report on Infoset

Use 1ROWCOUNT keyfigure in report to meet your uniquie number of Vendors under a perchanse group.

This report will populate all master data from Infoobject 0VENDOR.

If you have any issues with Infoset design, Alteranatively, Create a multiprovider

create a hierarchy in 0VENDOR

Create a multiprovider on Incube and Infoobject.

use 1ROWCOUNT to measure unique records

and also Key Figures from cube will be available in extended star schema format.

Let me know if the above options not fulfil your requirement.

Best Regards,

BVC

Edited by: B V C on Apr 14, 2010 1:53 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create your query on master data and use the same process of count = 1, exception aggregation SUM based on Vendor.

-Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram, please explain exactly what you mean by create your query on Master Data???

Kind regards

Stevo;)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I need to run the query on the cube so cant do the query on Master Data. I need key figures in the cube also for the query.