SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents carryforward

pmarcoavendano
Participant
0 Kudos

At our company commitment carryforward is only possible for one year, meaning that documents created in the current year and fund. e.g year 2009 fund A9, can be carriedforward the commitments and the budget to the next year and equal fund e.g year 2010 fund A9.

The problem arises when in 2010 the flow of documents is not completed, meaning that my purchase order is not completed receptioned or invoiced. From that moment, the commitments can´t consume carryforward budget.

Now what it is done is:

Creating a new funds reservation in 2011, adding a new line item to the purchase order with account assignment the new funds reservation and the quantities pending to delivered. For the ones delivered but not invoiced direct invoices are made against the new funds reservation.

I don´t know which is SAP Bestpractices for this cases in order to avoid modifying the purchase order or lost the purchase order history due to direct invoices, any suggestions?

The issue is that now refuses to go shopping in this way and wants the budgetary effects do not impact on purchasing documents. This means creating new

lose lines or purchase history to make direct invoices against the reserve.

What we were trying was made a commitments carriedforward this documents without budget, meaning documents that are in year 2010 fund a9 will be carryforward to fund a11 year 2011, and consume the budget of 2011, but for the commitments of a10 2010 the commitment carryforward must be with budget and result in fund a10 year 2011.

We performed t-code fmj2 to transfer a9 2010 documents to a11 2011. But those documents dont appear at a11 2011 but neither remain at fmj2. I understand that are pending that i make the budget transfer in order they appear but as i said I dont want to transfer budget for this cases I want them to consume from a11 2011. Is this possible and compatible with budget carryfoward for commitments to the following year. Am I missing running any t-code or customizing.

Sorry for the long and not very clear explanation.

Best regards and thanks for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo

Yes, this is indeed a complex description

From what I have understood, you have an issue with the so-called " PO's delivered but not invoiced", for which you mention "direct invoices are made against the new funds reservation."

I have these questions for you:

what settings do you have in OFUP concerning to MM update? GR's only, IR's only or both?

If you had GR's and IR's, then you could carryforward the open GR's with reassignment to the new fund into the new fiscal year.

Let me know your comments

Kind regards

Mar

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo

Yes, this is indeed a complex description

From what I have understood, you have an issue with the so-called " PO's delivered but not invoiced", for which you mention "direct invoices are made against the new funds reservation."

I have these questions for you:

what settings do you have in OFUP concerning to MM update? GR's only, IR's only or both?

If you had GR's and IR's, then you could carryforward the open GR's with reassignment to the new fund into the new fiscal year.

Let me know your comments

Kind regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Dear Mar,

Yes I am sure that I developed that skill of make impossible to understand what I try to explain or write in order to apply for a secret intelligence agency but at the end Mortadelo got the job offer for higher marks XD.

We have both gr and invoice update at OFUP.But as i tried to explain when I carryforward the open GR's with reassignment to the new fund into the new fiscal year nothing happens.

I have a problem with " PO's delivered but not invoiced", but also wiht purchase order not delivered because in both cases I want to keep purchase order item.

Best regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

Carry forward PO / GR(VT 51, 54) WITHOUT attached budget can be done through FMJ2 with the field 'Availability Control' flagged as 'Check'. Of course, FY 2011's AVC budget for fund a9 has to be in place before you perform FMJ2. I do not understand why you have to reassign them to a new fund a11.

Regards,

Ming

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

One clarification point:

Carryforward with or without budget does not depend on the flag selected in FMJ2 (which is intended to perform the CF with or without AVC) but it rather depends on your settings for closing operations:

Closing Operations/Enter Default Settings

In combination with:

Budget Closing Operations (Former Budgeting)

Make Settings for Carrying Forward Budget for Commitment (Payment Budget)

Make Settings for Carrying Forward Budget for Commitment (Commitment Bdgt)

Or, if you are using BCS:

Closing Operations for Budget Control System (BCS)

Activate Budget Carryforward for Commitment

I still believe using Reassignment during CF might help, instead of adding new lines to existing PO's or creating new Earmarked Funds and posting "direct invoices" for the not fully invoiced PO's.

If you use CF with reassignment, you could move the whole document chain (including the Earmarked Funds) to the new FM account assignment. Even the fully reduced EF's / PO's can be Carried forward with Zero amount (using FMJ0) with reassignment to the new Fund/new Fiscal Year.

The only remaining question I see is what to do with the budget, sorry I did not fully understand what do you expect from the system.

My opinion is:

In some cases, you can run CF with budget if your customizing allows to do so, by doing this, budget from the new FY will not be consumed.

Then, you might perform two CF steps: one with budget, and another one without budget so that budget in the new FY should be consumed.

I hope this time we can clarify this a bit more

Cheers

Mar

0 Kudos

Dear Mar,

I am not sure what you mean by reassignment at carryforward I hope it could be creating the carryforward rules at tcode fmd1 because that is what I do, if It´s something different or steps that i have to follow prior or together with fmj2.

On the other side, you´re right what we want it is exactly what you said:

In some cases we want to perform CF steps with budget and on other ocassion run CF without budget so that budget in the new FY should be consumed.

We have the following customizing

Closing operations.Default settings:

The 3 options are selected. Commitment carryforward allowed, Carry fwd budget for commt.Residual budget cfwd

Closing operations.Commitment closing operations.Enter Settings for Commitment CarryForward Payment Budget

The value type for 81,51 and 54 are marked in 2009

But I don´t know how to choose beetween running CF with budget of without budget, what I do in order to run it with out budget it is to not mark in

Closing operations.Budget closing operations (Former Budgeting). Make Settings for Carrying Forward Budget for Commitment (Pa) .

The value type for 81,51 and 54 are not marked in 2009

And also after finishing fmj2, instead of running fmja,fmjb and fmjc as in cases of CF with budget I dont run these tcde and I only run fm9p,fmbv and fm9qbud, but nothing happens not carryforward is done but the strange thing is that in fmj2 the documents don´t appear in order to try to run it again.

Sorry because you´re explanation is clear but as I´m a very beginner in funds management I am sure I´m missing something evident but not idea.

Best regards

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Do not worry about asking! We are here to help each other, that's the intention of this Forum.

You can find customizing as follows:

-In order to define a Derivation strategy for reassignment during CarryForward:

Funds Management Government ->Master Data->Derivation Strategy for Reassignment->Define Derivation Strategy for Reassignment

-In order to determine whether or not the CF has to be performed with or without budget: I am afraid you should temporarily change your customizing:

For instance In a first step, for those document chains that should not consume budget in the new fiscal year, commitments CF with their own Budget should be allowed:

"Closing operations.Budget closing operations (Former Budgeting). Make Settings for Carrying Forward Budget for Commitment (Pa) .The value type for 81,51 and 54 are not marked in 2009" --> Set it to 'X' to CF those value types with their budget.

Then, run FMJ2 for those document lots. You should have previously analyzed your existing PO's and made a selection of those documents.

Then, in a second step, PO's that should consume budget in the new FY should be CF'd. Then, you'd change the flag:

"Closing operations.Budget closing operations (Former Budgeting). Make Settings for Carrying Forward Budget for Commitment (Pa) .The value type for 81,51 and 54 are not marked in 2009" --> leave it unmarked. Then, the documents will be carried forward without their budget and will consume budget in the new FY.

Comment: In order to have the whole document chain selected during CF, you may enable it in this IMG activity:

Closing Operations ->Commitment Closing Operations->Define Basic Settings for Commitment Carryforward: Select Carryforward mode as 'Document chain'.

(see following comment)

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Finally, about your last paragraph:

"And also after finishing fmj2, instead of running fmja,fmjb and fmjc as in cases of CF with budget I dont run these tcde and I only run fm9p,fmbv and fm9qbud, but nothing happens not carryforward is done but the strange thing is that in fmj2 the documents don´t appear in order to try to run it again."

FMJ2 is for open items carryforward, i.e. EF's, PO's, invoices, etc. Then, once they have been successfully carried forward, they should not be selected by FMJ2 anymore.

If those items were CF'd with their own budget (i.e. CF via FMJ2 should include the budget already consumed by those documents), the remaining budget will stay the same in the Old FY and you would not need to run a Budget CF for those documents (i.e. you won't need FMJA, FMJB, FMJC)

If they were CF'd without their budget, then, the Residual Budget CF should be done via separate steps (FMJA, FMJB,FMJC).

I think you do not need FM9P nor FM9QBUD. Only FMBV at the end of the whole process if you ran FMJ2 without availability control.

I nevertheless suggest you to have a look at the documentation in these IMG activities, and also at the online help:

Under 'Closing operations'

Let me know if this helps.

Kind regards

Mar

@contributors, please feel free to add any comments, they will be most welcome!

0 Kudos

You are right Mar.

We are using BCS. My business owner also has the requirement of letting him carry forward commitments without budget when the needs be. Our default setting is to allow carry forward with budget and it is what he will do for the majority of the commitments. It looks like in order to let him have this flexibility, he will have to process the carry forward twice. The first batch is for the regular commitments, the second batch, the odd ones. And between the two batches, we will have to make the configuration change and transport it to the production environment. He is not going to like it...have to find a way to break the news to him

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments Ming!

I hope your customer will understand and will accept that solution.

Cheers

Mar

0 Kudos

Dear all,

I set up the customizing described before and when I run transaction fmj2 instead of changing funds from a8 to a10 it remains in a8. That was with setting in fmd1 a carryforward rule. I don´t understand why it didn´t work but I decided to define a reassignment derivation strategy. I created a derivation rule with

financial area T1sender fiscal year 2009 Sender Fund A8 = Receiver Fund A10 and it still doing the same at fmj2 from a8 to a8.

At the derivation rule I add an initialization step for target fund and now It works it goes from a8 to a10

but now and only for purchase order I get the following error :

Reassignment of account assignment element Fund not possible

Message no. FMCF108

Change Fund could not be effected

Message no. ME664

It only happens for value type 51 , for 81 and 54 is ok . The error explanation of FMCF108 is:

Diagnosis

The Define Account Assignment Derivation is not compatible with the Define Derivation Strategy for Reassignment. The value A10 was determined for document no. 1020080055, the reassignment strategy for account assignment element Fund. However, this was overwritten with value A8 through the account assignment derivation of Funds Management.

But I only have one rule for account assignment derivation and even when I deactivate it , I still getting the error.

Best regards

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

The derivation strategy for reassignment must be compatible with your FMDERIVE.

If they are, then, see if account assignment is changeable in the documents in question.

For Earmarked funds, there is a flag 'Account assignment changeable' at document/item level.

For PR's and PO's, there are settings in t-code OLME:

Account assignment ->Maintain Account Assignment Categories.

See if flag 'AA changeable' is ON.

Cheers

Mar

0 Kudos

Dear Mar,

As I said before I deactivate my FMDERIVE in order to be sure that is not a problem of being compatible with The derivation strategy for reassignment.

In EF and PO 'AA changeable' is ON.

The problem in FMJ2 is include INCLUDE LFMCHF03 at form REASSIGN_PO

sort l_t_poaccount ascending by po_item serial_no.

loop at u_t_fmcha1 into l_f_fmcha1.

clear l_f_return-message_v1.

if l_f_fmcha1-rfknt = '00'.

read table l_t_poitem

with key

po_item = l_f_fmcha1-rfpos

binary search.

move-corresponding l_t_poitem to l_t_poaccount.

else.

l_serial_no = l_f_fmcha1-rfknt.

read table l_t_poaccount

with key

po_item = l_f_fmcha1-rfpos

serial_no = l_serial_no

binary search.

endif.

check sy-subrc is initial.

if l_t_poaccount-fund <> l_f_fmcha1-efonds.

because l_t_poaccount-fund is A8 and l_f_fmcha1-efonds = A10 and that is what starts the error, but that is what I precisly want, take the purchase order from 2009 a8 to 2010 a10.

Do I have to run transaction program RFFMCHAG or anything else in purchase order prior to run fmj2, but I doesn´t make change to me.

Best regards and thanks indeed.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo

For this error, please send a CSS message to SAP Support. We need to have a look at it.

We will continue with this thread once this error gets sorted out

hope you will agree

b.r.

Mar

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

We've looked into this and found this customizing needs to be carried out in tx OLME:

Update the field status settings for the account assignment categories so that they are an optional entry (instead of being hidden or display only).

Normally, if the user cannot make the FMAA change manually via ME22N,

then the fields will also not be able to be changed automatically

with the reassignment tools.

If a combination of both changes (i.e. setting 'Account assignment changeable' flag combined with Field status settings) does not work or is not suitable for customers, then it should be reported to SAP via Support message for further checks.

Kind regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Dear Mar,

Thanks for your help, taking into account your last comments,now I am able to perform fmj2 perfectly. Also following your previous indications I´ve been able to perform the carryforward execution without budget as I desired.Creating a reassigment rule has been also very important for the achievement.

Thanks all for the help

0 Kudos

Hi Pablo, this error can also happen if you are not carrying forward the document´s chain. If the Purchase Order is linked to a Purchase Requisition or a Funds Reservation first try to carryforward and reassign these documents (FMJ2 or FMJ0) or use the document chain check as suggested by Mar.

Regards

César