cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set up snapshot for TDMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

To save resource, we would like to have snashot set up for the source systems in TDMS.

I could not find any document for this specific for TDMS.

Could anybody provide some links?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Logical details for the snapshot is given in the operations guide under - 2.6 Shadowing in the Context of SAP TDMS.

Also under 4.3 Choosing and Preparing the Sender System - its mention :

you may want to use a snapshot or mirror or an existing 1:1 copy of the production system (for example a QA system). The options you have here depend on the hardware you use and can consequently not be covered here. To learn more, contact your hardware provider.

So, just check the operations guide once and then coordinate with the hardware vendor.

Best Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niraj:

Thanks for your reply.

My problem is that so far I use the cloned PROD systems for TDMS. It's easy to define the RFC and host name of the sender.

Once it is a snapshot, how to give the hostname of the sender?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your basis team should be able to help you with this. Actually system created using snapshot acts as a different sender.

It will have its own IP and other system parameters.

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact, TDMS integrated snap shot function has been packed TDMS SP14. But SAP told us that the functionality is in dark delivery status. If you want to use the snap shot , you should activate the functionality in TDMS central system. After you activate the function, there is a activity " analyze sender system for snap shot technology" appear in TDMS extend view. After you finish the activity , there are another 5 activities will appear in the data transfer phase.

In order to run "analyze sender system for snap shot technology " sucessfully, you should configure your snap shot functionality in storage level . As i know , SAP TDMS supports EMC's Replication manager, Netapp, HP, and IBM storage now. If you want to get more information, you can contact SAP.

Answers (0)