Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SNC - An Invalid Name was supplied

I am trying to get SNC (SSO) on the SAPGUI working. Currently we are testing on a LINUX server, against Windows AD domain, and then we will do similar configuration for Solaris servers. I have tried a variety of different names for snc/identity/as parameter and we continue to have problems. We believe the problem lies with the identity from what weu2019re seeing.

No matter what I change this parameter to, the response is always the same, An invalid name was supplied. I do not understand this because I have checked my keytab and it has a name that matches the identity in it. I created a ticket before I ran startsap R3, I set the library path for the kerberos libraries in the <sid>adm environment. I authenticated my snc user from the linux server to the domain controller successfully. I verified my /etc/hosts file contained the domain controller, and I checked the krb5.conf file to see it had the right domain information. The domain admin validated the .conf file and resolve files were correct as well. As well, on the Windows client thatu2019s running the SAPGUI, we have a successful login message in the Event Log. BUT we get SNC Network Layer error that points to the invalid name error described below.

Is my syntax wrong? Below is the error found in the dev_w0 logs. Please note the syntax of the name AND the fact that the initiating credentials are available and have received a lifetime value from the system.

Edited by: David Harris on Apr 8, 2010 4:08 PM

Former Member
Former Member replied

Turns out our last major problem was that even though the domain controller was on an updated service pack level, the ktpass utility was still from SP1. The SP1 version is the buggy one. As soon as it was updated, SNC started working! Thanks to all for your help!

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question