cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No of Consurrent Users allowed in an Application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As USA - year end is coming we have lot of activites in June last 2 weeks where the usage of the system will be high.

We have total 10 apps servers in r/3 out of them 3 are dedicated for updates remaining 7 apps servers each of 100 work process and among them 85 dialog workprocess are there, on our normal days or monthly peak times we have concurrent users of MAX 2000 , but on year end days we are expecting the users can be 10000 to 13000.

Is there any way i can calculate how many concurrent users will be allowed on 7 apps servers of total 575 dialog work process.

ENV: R/3 is on 4.6c DB is on 10.2.0.4 and cpic_max_conn is 10000 for each apps server.

Please suggest...

Thanks,

Subhash.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Please check "rdisp/tm_max_no " parameter. This may help you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/af/d8e6714c04264a81951c7cedf4cf4c/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Preethish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does rdisp/tm_max_no is global variable means it 's not specific to Application server but entire Instance wise am i right?

We have 7 apps if i set the rdisp/tm_max_no to 5000 in each apps server profile is it mean each apps server can take up to max connections of 5000 or all apps can handle up to 5000 only ?

Please clarify...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each app server will be able to handle up to 5000 connections.

Thanks,

Naveed

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

There's no limits for concurrent users logged on, it depends on whether there's available dialog WP can be dispatched to this logon request. Each work process can only handle one active session at one time, logged on users without any activities are inactive sessions to this system. Once there's active request submitted by this session, it'll be sent to dispatcher of this current instance, and then dispatcher determines whether and which available WP can be assigned for this request.

So in your case, it's a very huge and super busy system indeed firstly, even if you have sufficient dialog and update WPs standby but performance and respond speed depends on how busy the dispatchers and message server are.

Regards,