cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display layout with master data characteristic values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have a simple layout with GL account in the rows built on top of an aggregation level. I would like to display all the accounts from the master data table. To do so, I marked in the GL Account Advanced tab the option Master Data.

Unfortunately the layout keeps on displaying just the accounts for which I have posted values in the cube.

Are you aware of another setting which is relevant for this to work properly.

Thanks a lot.

Alberto Sabate

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Where are you assigning to read the master data values for the gl account in the query?

Under the filter? Or under the rows/columns?

I can normally do what you are wishing to do by the following:

Have GL Account in the filter (planning filter) of the query normally with some relevant filter. Here (in the filter) it doesn't matter what you define for accessing your data by master data or posted values. It has no effect at all.

Then, I normally put the gl account in the rows. Here (in the rows) I can define in the advanced tab for gl account to "Access Types for Result Values" to "Master data", and in that case all the data for the master data (and contained in the filter also) is displayed (even if no data exists in the InfoCube).

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Diogo,

I had a wrong setting at the query level. Now it works. Your answer is correct. However, based on my tests, is not required any filtering accounts at the filter level.

Thanks,,

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diogo,

Thanks for the answer, it is working. But i am having one problem. I have created the queries for MAP Planning layouts on the company code basis. i.e., one company code / layout. I have restricted the company code in the filter and used the variable for the brand.

Now after marking the radio button "Master Data" in the advance tab. When i am not entering any value in the "brand field" it is showing me all the brands of all the company codes, but actually i want to show only those brands which belong to the company code assigned in the filter.

When i am entering any value in the brand field, then it is showing me only that brand (which is OK). I have tried by using the variable of company code also, but no success.

Please suggest.

Warm Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm not quite following you...

What do you have in the rows? Company code first and also drilldowned by brand?

You could put in the filter company code restricted by a variable that user enters or the user is authorized or a fixed value for that company code.

For the brand you can put it on the filter by a customer exit variable and based on the company codes of that filter fills the correct brands (since you know what brands belongs to what company codes).

Also I only have (if you have in the rows company code first and after it brand) the company code in the rows to be read from master data in the advanced tab for the access type of result values, since I want that even if you don't have any company code in the InfoProvider it appears on the layout ready for planning; all the other characteristics after the first one (in your case after company code the brand) I select in the read from posted values in the advanced tab, so that only in your case brands from that company code appears on the layout (and not all the brands that exist in the master data).

Hope this helps,

Diogo.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

You should use standard IP function for generating combinations of characteristic.

The function generates zero records for all combinations of characteristic values in accordance with the characteristic master data.

Regards.

[Uryukin Andrey|http://il.linkedin.com/in/andreyuryukin]

SAP-BI Consultant, [Advantech|http://advantech.co.il/en/index.asp]

[My Blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/u/252016769] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Reports contain only values that exist in a cube.

If you have no value for certain values of characteristics, you will have no line in your report.

Solution1: add records with zero value in key-figures for all values of your characteristic in your cube.

Solution2: in your query, make structures for all the characteristics values you want to report.

Udo