cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client wants to change the number range of PO for new FY, please help me to know the following: -

(1) If delete existing NR and create new one then would it be possible to display the older POs.

(2) If I create new NR with different number intervals w/o deleting old NR, then would it be possible to display the older POs(Becoz new NR would be assigned to doc type).

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Dear All,

>

> My client wants to change the number range of PO for new FY, please help me to know the following: -

>

> (1) If delete existing NR and create new one then would it be possible to display the older POs.

> (2) If I create new NR with different number intervals w/o deleting old NR, then would it be possible to display the older POs(Becoz new NR would be assigned to doc type).

>

> Thanks

The number range assignment serves the purpose of GENERATING a number. It wont affect the numbers already generated in the past. You can easily display them and perform all transactions on them.

You can safely change the number ranges / assign new number ranges.

Regards,

Aroop

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No worries, get the number ranges changed. It will not effect the older POs. I played with it a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can change number range to the po document type as you mentioned.

It will not effect old Purchase orders. If you are not using the old number range it will not effect if you delete it or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes go ahead and do the changes you want .

Regards,

Nitin Amritkar