Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test certificate receipt during UD for manually created lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

DearAll,

1:

Manually I have created the lot.

But I need confirmation of test certificate receipt during UD. System is not asking the same.

In material master I have assigned certificate type. This setting is working fine when lot is created automatically during GRN.

2:

System is not calculating the sample size while creating inspection lot manually.

I have also created the inspection plan. I have mentioned the sample size for each MIC. The inspection plan is getting attached to the lot. It is working fine for inspection lots created automatically.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anuradha,

At first place what is need to generate lot manually? test certificate is the activity related to Procurement and procurement is always done against PO. If PO is there and you are receiving the material against PO automatic lot generation is the best option. All the functions like blocking of lot if no TC or sample calculations etc are attached to auto lot generation so using auto lot generation is best option and best practice.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shekhar,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

The vendor will supply sample of the product prior to the bulk dispatch.

If the same batch of the sample is accepted then vendor will be asked to dispatch the same lot in bulk, otherwise not.

Regards

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create an inspection lot for source inspection(sample lot) and then create a certificate with the T.Code QS51.

Once the lot is accepted, the you can do the GR or customize the program accordinlgy.

Thanks

SUMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

Thanks for the reply.

In T-Code QC51, the PO field is mandatory.

But in my scenario the PO is not yet placed.

Affter the batch is accepted then the PO will be placed.

Regrds

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case,

I dont think that your requirement will be fulfilled via standard SAP.

Thanks

SUMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to create test certificate in transaction code QC51 wrt PO.

Before that I created manual lot.

In QC5, menu bar---environment, I tried to "transfer quality data to inspectiion lot". System is showing following error.

"IDoc could not be opened for data transfer to inspection lot"

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That transfer quality data functionality is to read in data that is sent via EDI to your system from a vendor. It is not meant to be used to transfer data from a manuallly created inspection lot.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

1:

Manually I have created the lot.

But I need confirmation of test certificate receipt during UD. System is not asking the same.

In material master I have assigned certificate type. This setting is working fine when lot is created automatically during GRN.

Certificate confirmation only works when lot is created with respec to the PO.Manually created lot do not ask for certificate & it is also not possible through QS51.

2:

System is not calculating the sample size while creating inspection lot manually.

I have also created the inspection plan. I have mentioned the sample size for each MIC. The inspection plan is getting attached to the lot. It is working fine for inspection lots created automatically.

If it is getting attched to automatic lot then for manually also it should get attached.Just do one thing check the status of the lot.Go to QA02 & click on sample tab.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

I have checked the same.

In QA01/QA02 sample tab after i click on push button "Smpl", sample is not calculated & the button is getting grayed out.

The status is showing "CALC"- Sample calculated.

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That functionality is not integrated when manually creating inspection lots.

FF