cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDK .NET -- SAP Table with InputField -- How to retrieve value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I really need some information on how this process is supposed to work. I am using a sap:table control within the PDK for .NET, version 3.0 -- The table is being filled with data binding, in Page_Load method. I have added an additional column containing an InputField -- for the user to input some information relative to that row of the table. I can't figure out how to retrieve the value of the InputField -- the sap:table control does not use view state. The postback is called by clicking another button on the page. How do I send these values to the server? ... And from where (what event handler) can I read them?

I'm sure someone has made this work, as it is a basic functionality. Any information would be helpful.

Additionally, does anyone know if 2-way data binding works with sap controls? (i.e. <%# Bind(...) %>) If that worked, then I wouldn't have to figure out the above process.

Thanks,

--Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Matt!

See, for my experience in .NET applications interacting with SAP, i think that you have a problem with .NET itself.

An option is use an standard table component (as GridView), and then by code bind data from SAPTable to GridView.

Then you will have more control using a component designed for a purpose more closer than you want.

Regards,

Fernando.-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando -- Thank you for your reply, but I think you do not understand what I am asking.

I am using the PDK for .NET -- not the old SAP connector which has the SAPTable Class you are referring to.

The PDK for .NET comes with "SAP Netweaver .NET Controls" -- they implement their own data binding....but the documentation is very sparse and I can't find out if it supports 2-way data binding (using the asp command #Bind)....

Anyone else have information on this?? !! ??