Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status of the mail sending option using SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I m using SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1 function moduel for sending mails to dealers. That is, whenver i execute a Z transaction, the customer invoice details are getting displayed in report output. At the same time, the same output data is sent as mail to the respective dealers.

Now teh user is asking whether there is any possiblity for the end users to have a proof of the mail which is being sent from the Z transaction. If the mail is sent, the end user who executes the Z transaction (mail sending transaction) should have that mail in his/her SENT ITEMS. If the mail not reaches the dealer, then the user must identify the mail bounce identification.

Pls tell me how to achve the same..

Regards,

Shanthi

3 REPLIES 3

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure how to achieve the exact requirement..........

But, the Table parameter RECEIVERS in FM SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1 will contain the return code for each reciever after execution. We can send some kind notification to the sender for all the failed deliveries using the return code.

Also, read recipts can be requested from the recipient using SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1.

Edited by: Satyajit on Apr 8, 2010 5:55 PM

Rocky1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible..

Just pass 'X' to the exporting parameter 'put_in_outbox'. The user can check the send mail in 'sost'. All the details of the mail will be there. This will be the proof that the mail was sent.

Reg the 2nd part of your query, if the mail is not delivered to any reciepent or to particular recipient, the details will be there in the SAP outbox, that also you can see through transaction 'sost'.

Thanks & Regards

Rocky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try to use this FM 'SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1'.

Regards

Gaurav