cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main window Boxes and text alignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

please correct me .........i am displaying line items (materials) with their material code,description,quantity etc in the main window of a invoice.now my requirement is i have to create boxes and display each field in a box in main window,and in each box the field value or text shud be aligned properly.......means it shud not cross the box.

for this im following dis sequence .

1. box command (for creating boxes)

2. protect....end protect ......in between the heading and value to be populated

i ve executed but iam able to display only 1 line item.please correct me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

quite a difficult task.

At first you need either items of fixed height, or you need to create those boxes dynamically. Since you dont know how much items will get printed you need to create them half dynamically anyway.

I´d strongly recommend you to do this is SMARTFORMS rather than in sap-script. Cause smartforms got the tools for such tasks, and makes it quite easy while in SAP-SCRIPT it is one of the hardest requirements to come by.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply florian, still waiting for further more replies

Edited by: naren on Apr 8, 2010 5:46 PM

former_member196079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi nare...

try to use a template, or a table..

regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

erm Marco, there are no templates or tables in sap-script, thats why i was proposing smartforms

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

It is better to use Smartform. You take a table and use boxes over there. and in case of material description you can truncate that in two texts and display that in two different line, means just like wrap text. Then there will be no chance for crossing the box.

And also if you use Smartform i think there will be no problem in alignment also.