cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Bank Gurantee in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have requirement where my client wants to post Bank Gurantee for vendors in SAP.

Can someone please expain how the same can be configured and provide some documentation for the same.

I am aware i need to create a Special GL indicator but please advice how do i take it forward.

Regards,

Rahul Dorugade

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

When you have decided to go for Spl GL Indicator then create a Spl GL Indicator under t.code FBKP Spl GL vendors i.e., K and then assign Spl GL Account for the Recon Account and give posting keys as 29 for debit and 39 for credit and select Down payment/Down Payment request under special GL transaction types. So the BG amount to be recovered from Vendor. Now through F-51 you can debit vendor and credit vendor with spl GL Bank Guarantee.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you further elaborate on your reply with an detailed example because I am not understaning completely what you have mentioned above.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member2342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please check the thread http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPFI/Down+Payment?focusedCommentId=154599494#comment-154599494

1. Create a special GL Indicator(let us suppose G) for Account Type K in t.code FBKP

2. Now under Accounts tab, under Chart of Accounts xxxx under account type K, Special GL Indicator G give Recon account and special GL Account

3. Now against properties, under special GL transaction types select Down/payment/down payment request and ensure posting keys 29 for debit and 39 for credit.

4.Once the above config is over now you have special GL indicator G for bank guarantee. Now when you want to deduct BG from vendor after doing MIRO for the gross amount, through t.code f-51 transfer posting with clearing you can give debit to vendor account and give credit to vendor Spl GL G Credit.

5. While making payment you select both the MIRO document and the F-51 document so that net payment can be released to vendor and BG is on the liabilities side.

Hope it is clear now.

Regards