cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electricity Consumption in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Our Client wants to get Electricity Consumption Trend from SAP.

But it is not yet mapped in SAP.

Which of the following will be better method of mapping ?

1. Through Meas Point concept in PM - Will the client be able to get the specific Cons report , say Electr Consumed per Prod Unit

in this case ?

2. Through Standard Value Key in PP ?

Pls advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Sheik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiek,

I would suggest to use the Measurement Document functionality to capture the total consumption and then use other means(Like custom report or key figures in Information system ) to calculate the consumption Per Production unit.

Regards

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimhan,

Using the Measurement Document functionality , we can get the Consumption Func Location wise / Equipmentwise .

But through what means, this consumption can be linked to the production of Finished / Semi finished Materials to get the specific consumption , any inputs ?

Thanks,

Sheik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sheik,

The actual produced quantity is generally captured on the confirmation of the production Order.Have a look at tables AFKO and AFRU. You would need to deduce the equipment of the production order from the same.

Once you have this information, you then use a custom report to divide the total consumption for the period by the Production quantities for the period to arrive at your requirement.

Regards

Narasimhan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abdullah,

actually when u talk abt electricity, it generally comes in pipeline material, that is u neve store this material, but directly issue the material to the cost center, that is in turn a liability is created.

u can make an info-record for the pipeline mtrl POWER, then u can check out the consumption of electricity on any time units,(days, weeks, months etc)

Hope it helps u,

regards,

YK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sheik abdulla

I have generated the electricity consumption report for my company. Basically it has been created by doing z-development, but using mesuring point concept. For that we have activated the enhancement for measuring point IMRC0002 Menu exit - measuring point to add a multiplication factor for meters for calculating power consumption for area measured from that meter. We are taking following output from the report developed.

1. Consumption per factory wise,

2. Consumption per Functional location wise

3. Losses in electricity transportation from utility area to Factory level ( main receiving station to Engine factory)

4. Also measuring power generated at factory using generators.

I hope this resolve your query. if you need more information please let me know.

Regards