cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfreezing the Months in Demand Planning book.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

User has limited access of change mode (6 months) in a particular demand planning book. User wants to extend the change access horizon to 10 months.

Please guide me what necessary steps to be taken so that user has access to do changes for next 10 months instead of 6.

Thank you in advance, points assured .

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You can either try editing/create a new dataview with your new

extension for user access using transaction /SAPAPO/SDP8B.

Once it is done, assign the user to the new dataview using

transaction /SAPAPO/SDPPLBK

Then after taking up backup, re-initialise the planning area and

then try. I suggest try in testing environment and transport it

if working fine.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

We really need more information here to help you.

Let me try and help in guiding you towards that.

Question: Is the user able to see 12 months (May to Apr), but able to change only 6 months (May to Oct ), or the user is able to see only 6 months (may to oct) and unable to see next 6 months (nov to apr).

Scenario 1: User is able to see all 12 months but able to change only 6 months.

Possible Cause - There is no standard setting that lets lockout few periods alone. However pls do check for some default macros that might be setup to lockout specific periods. Look for the use of function cell_input() in the macros within the planning book.

Scenario 2: User is able to see only 6 months.

Possible Cause - The time bucket profile is set for only 6 months.

How to check this?

Go to /sapapo/sdp8b go to dataview tab. Look for the TB Profile ID (Future). Make a note of this name.

Go to /SAPAPO/TR30 - "Maintain Time Buckets Profile for Demand Plng and Supply Network Plng". In this txn give that name. Then click periods. You should be able to see how many months are configured. You need to change the number of periods here. This is assuming you have sufficient time series created to go thru all 12 months.

Pls revert back with your findings incase the problem is not resolved.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Mani

Edited by: Mani Suresh on Apr 9, 2010 2:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mani,

Thanks for your detailed reply.

My case matches the scenario # 1 explained by you.

I can't see any macro for this planning book, is there anyway around because the remaining horizon cant be freezed as default.

Pl. write back

Regards

- Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

This is certainly a weird scenario. There are scenarios where we can lock the past horizon using the Visible and Input parameters in the dataview. But I have never heard of a future period being locked.

Offset should not affect any of this functionality, it is just to move around the starting period.

One other thing I can think of is the Time Series. Can you just confirm that the time series for the particular Planning area is maintained from May till April or even beyond? Sometimes if the storage bucket profile (Time Series) is not configured that far, we might get some unexpected behaviour.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

You define the horizon in the planning book: /sapapo/sdp8b

Goto tab "Data View" and maintain the Offset-period

This is not user-dependent

Kind regards

Søren Nielsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dear,

Thanks for reply.

Currently the offset period is set to 1; User has chnage access from ( May to Oct ) but now wants to extend it for next 6 months ( i,e Nov to Arp ).

What values should I put in offset to get it expanded to next 6 months too.

Pls write back.

- Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

How many perods ( months in your case) the user is able to see now in the planning book 6 or 12 ?

If the displayed periods are 6, then you may change planning bucket profile to have display of 12 periods ( instead of 6).

Secondly for planning area must have be initialized ( either the whole PA or specific KFs from the PA) for the 12 periods.

I do not visualize a situation where your user sees 12 periods in future and he/she can only change only 6 out of 12 future periods.

Normally it is not possible to make changes to the past periods and whatever , periods in future are displayed, changes are possible.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Datta,

Thanks for your reply.

Where can I change the planning bucket profile from 6 to 12 ? As currently user is able to access only 6 months in change mode, he wants to access next 6 in change mode. Please guide.

Thank you .

Regards

-Rahul Chitte

former_member224276
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

you go to planning book sapapo/sdp8b,

then choose dataview in that dataview you change your time bucket profile for past 12 periods.

regards,

sivaram