Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition of a Field in EKKO/Data not getting populated for that field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have added a Z Field in EKKO Table through the Append Structure "CI_EKPODB".

There are around 2000 records in EKKO and for all the records that Z field is Blank.

But, when I write a Select Query in Program to Fetch the Records where that Z Field is BLANK, I get only 50 Records.

The same happens when I Execute SE16 for EKKO by giving condition Z Field = INITIAL. I get only 50 records in the output.

Please help me understand why I dont get all the Records where that Z Field is INITIAL?

Is any customization required or is this a Technical Issue?

Please help.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rohan,

if you are adding a field in a table by append structure then make that field as ZZ instead of Z to differentiate it from normal fields.

now when you have created the field in a append structure then if have not checked the initial flag.thats why u are getting this data inconsistency.

this is because earlier 2000 entries are prestent in the table , now when you add another field in the table then that field will not have value for those 2000 records.

now when you create the fiels select the init flag field,if you select this then new flag field will NOT NULL,so initial values will be filled for that field for existing 2000 records.

Note : NULL and INITIAL are different things, NULL means not defined and initial means which is having its initial value.

check that init flag and u will get those 2000 records, you are getting inconsistent data now becuse value for that field is null ie not defined.

hopr this will solve ur post and u wil get the concept of append structure.

Thanks and regards,

Tanmaya

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rohan,

if you are adding a field in a table by append structure then make that field as ZZ instead of Z to differentiate it from normal fields.

now when you have created the field in a append structure then if have not checked the initial flag.thats why u are getting this data inconsistency.

this is because earlier 2000 entries are prestent in the table , now when you add another field in the table then that field will not have value for those 2000 records.

now when you create the fiels select the init flag field,if you select this then new flag field will NOT NULL,so initial values will be filled for that field for existing 2000 records.

Note : NULL and INITIAL are different things, NULL means not defined and initial means which is having its initial value.

check that init flag and u will get those 2000 records, you are getting inconsistent data now becuse value for that field is null ie not defined.

hopr this will solve ur post and u wil get the concept of append structure.

Thanks and regards,

Tanmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanmaya,

Could you please tell me where is that Initial Flag inside the Append Structure.

There is an INITIAL Flag in EKKO Table, but I cannot edit it as it asks for an Access Key.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

hi Rohan,

Goto append structure , Extras tab----> DB Attribute -

> initialization Flag on/Off. check that and you will get the check box of init flag at your tab where you declare data element.

and you will not get inconsistent data

hope thsi helps you.

thanks and regards,

tanmaya