cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webdynpro on loading shows a black and white type of screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus.

Don't know if anyone had this problem before.

Some of your webdynpros on running show a black & white type of screen with no background colors. Buttons are visible, but clicking on them nothing will happen. I don't know if you all understood what I am saying. Unfortunately I cannot attach screen shot

Basically the background becomes all white. No groups in blue color. No table lines.

It happens only intermittently, user refreshes, and it gets okay.

Anyone faced this problem before? If so, any solutions found for it?

Thanks in adv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It could be that the Theme is getting set to one of the high contrast themes for the visual impaired. However this shouldn't disable any functionality. It would be really helpful if we could see a screen shot. Can you upload a screen capture to some free online image service (I use Flickr, but there are plenty others out there) and post a link here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas. This problem happens intermittently. Sometimes on refreshing, it is okay. So it cannot be that screen is changing for visually impaired. Anyway, as you said, in that case buttons should be accessible.

Well, I have uploaded the screenshot. Please take a look at this url: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49176735@N06/4504878446/

Thanks again.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aishi,

I've seen this sort of thing before when the stylesheets used to render the content have not been avaliable, I wonder - do you have some sort of bandwidth accelerator, a proxy, - local caching of content that has been deployed over your network.

That the user pressing refresh causes it to work makes me think perhaps that is causing the local proxy to refresh its content which means that the CSS references can then be resolved, and the content renders correctly.

Hope you can find what is causing it.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris, but no bandwidth accelerator or proxy. Style sheets are there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

probably you have done this, neverthless please do checkuot the

OSS Note 1088717 (Active services for Web Dynpro ABAP ).

A pdf document with all the services need to be activated.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aishi,

the only other time I've seen something like this, has been when I've been messing around with the portal theme (in that particular case I was trying to apply the portal theme to a BSP which had been called dynamically in the app and was not therefore correctly picking up the theme .)

That said - the problem was never intermittent for me then - either it worked or it didn't!

I'd be trying to find a way in which you could replicate the issue, (potentially clear all the cookies local files etc from a user's machine) and then putting a program like HTTPWatch on to check if there were issues picking up any particular files in the user's request.

Cheers,

Chris

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That defintely looks like the CSS isn't loading. If you don't have any intermediate technology (as suggested a web cache or reverse proxy) then consider entering a support ticket to let SAP Support have a look. Not a normal occurance by any means. I would second the suggestion for using HTTP Watch or a simliar to tool to monitor what is happening and see if you are getting some error on the loading of certain MIMEs. Once loaded on the client side the MIME files should be coming from the cache anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay thanks. We have requested the client side to allow us to do an HTTP watch (as it's happening only in production). Await their response now.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Answers (0)