cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating f4 help based on another f4 help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two input fields inside a single node which are binded to different attributes of ZTable.

Both these input fields have search help.

Now i select a continent say Asia in input field1 by clicking the F4 help.

When i click the F4 help on input field2 now, i want to display only the countries present in the selected continent.

Please explain how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

Aslam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aslam,

It is possible by OVS .Embed the standard component WDR_OVS in ur component.

Refer to this link for info on OVS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aslam,

Yeah, OVS can be of use here, we had a similar requirement where based on package entered we have to find the display the function groups. We created a usage of OVS component and in the event OVS created in comp controller we wrote following ( part of the code is template code, we can change acc to our needs.

Chek the [sample code here|http://www.scribd.com/doc/29590881]

You can modify the sample code to replace function group. package etc with your structures and with your own node names and attributes.

Regards

Manas Dua

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

OVS is not the only way to acomplish this. You can have multiple inporting/exporting parameters with Data Dictionary search helps as well. It requires that all the attributes be in the same context node and that the context node is definied via a DDic Structure/Table. This DDic Structure/Table must have the mapping to the Search Help within its definition.

See the Integration section of this help link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/9f724642314aabe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

If an input help structure is stored in a field in the ABAP Dictionary, and if you want to use the field mapping of search help parameters stored in the ABAP Dictionary as the field name for the structure for your Web Dynpro input help, then map your context nodes to this structure. This ensures that all components of the structure are available dynamically at runtime as attributes of the node.

If the context node is not mapped to the structure, the data element's input help can be used if there is one.