cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Error message due to Leave Collision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are doing new ESS MSS implementation on ECC 6.0.

We have configured SAP R/3 to accomodate Collision of leaves in table V_T554Y (Global Time constraint raction) and we can create leave collision through PA30.

E.g: A person who has taken Annual Leave on a particular date can take sick leave on the same day. Sick leave will overwrite/delimit the Annual leave.

We are getting a collision error message while applying for the same leave (Sick leave in the above example) through ESS and not able to go further with the leave request. The same leave, I am able to create through PA30 in R/3.

Please suggest a solution.

Regards,

Preethi

former_member654098
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello, can you please share how you solved this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please note the checks of V_T554Y will not carried out extensively on ESS this is valid more so for PA30

Now for collision message there might be a leave which is colliding with the leave which is already posted in the

infotypes! Please follow the steps as in the note 1288919 to find the conflicting leave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sidharth, I know about the other leave which is creating collision, but I need to overwrite that with the current leave. My R/3 is supporting that. But here the issue is my ESS, which is not supporting this and giving an error while creating the new leave.

Please help me with the options I have to solve the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have same problem to you.

If the leave request is already maintained in PA30, the collision error message will raise and the request can not save to R/3.

Dear export, could you provide the solution about it, how can I update infotype based on request via portal approve. I know the collision message according to customizing V_554Y_B.

The leave request can not save data if the collision type is E(-The system does not allow you to create the new record, and

displays all collisions.), right?

Thanks a lot,

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get any solution for it.

I dont any documentation saying that this functionality is not supported in ESS.There is a limitation.So everyone will consider that this will work in ESS Too..

Please guide me.

Regards,

Nachy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the path given below:

Img -> personnel management -> employee self-service ->service specific settings ->working time-> leave request->processing processess->define processing processes for each rule group-> select your rule group-> display-> Take account of Ongoing Requests --> uncheck both the options 'Check inclused unposted requests' and 'reamining leave without unposted requests'

Thanks,

Pinki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pinki for your reply,

Both the mentioned check boxes are already unchecked.

Regards,

Preethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then check T554s for the time contraint classes for the absent types and the table V_554Y_B for the reaction to collision:

There are 4 reactions:

A - The old record is delimited, all collisions are displayed.

E - The system does not allow you to create the new record, and

displays all collisions.

W - You can create the new record, but the old record

remains unchanged. All collisions are displayed.

N - As for W, but collisions are not displayed.

Thanks,

Pinki