cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Requirements for FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to knwo the basic system Requirements like patch detials to use FPM ( Floor Plan Manager ) in webdynpro.

and also provide me help ful information Regarding FPM. And information about interconnection Between ESS/MSS and FPM.

kindly help me .

Sap log on detials from my sytem :

Release : 710 Final Release

Patch Level : 2

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Release : 710 Final Release

>Patch Level : 2

Your release level is 7.10? Are you doing development in a PI system? Generally none of the Business Suite runs on 7.1x, but instead on the 7.0x codeline.

FPM was first made availabe in 7.01 (NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 1). So for ERP this would be ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 4 (which contains NetWeaver 7.01).

I'm not 100% sure for the 7.1x codeline, but I would suspect that the same functionality came in 7.11 - that is generally the same level for WDA functionality as 7.01 - although the code lines aren't perfectly in sync.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

given the phrasing of the details:

Release : 710 Final Release

Patch Level : 2

I'd suggest that this is the GUI version and not the actual NW version.

Kranthi - to find out what version of Netweaver you are on, use:

system->status->SAP system data -> Component Information button ->

in the new window, look for the row, "SAP_BASIS" the first number is your NW version - probably either 700 or 701, the next number is your support pack level - something like 0021 or 0005.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

Mine is ECC6.0 .. Release 600 .

i guess FPM is avialable only in EHP 3/4...

correct me if i am wrong.

cheers,

Kranthi

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

I would think then you are on NW7.00.

ABAP FPM is only really supported from 7.01.

You can get some of the functionality working in the 7.00 version, but I wouldn't recommend it - and it's mainly throw away learning, as the config screens change completely.

If and when you upgrade to EhP4 you will get NW7.01, even better will be EhP5 in a few months for NW7.02.

Good luck,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ALot Chris:-)

have A nice day.

Cheers,

Kranthi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For information on FPM how to use and release details refer to [floor plan manager wiki page|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-ui?rid=/webcontent/uuid/00b4312a-ac72-2b10-e0ad-e0219cfeb78e] [original link is broken];

To know more about FPM refer to [cookbook|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90f3cfd2-46d0-2b10-b3ab-eabf3452cc50]

Regarding usage of FPM is ESS MSS applications most of the WD applications in ESS MSS use FPM application configuration.

Hope this helps

Regards

Manas Dua

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to confirm

until EhP5 - many (I'd even say most) of the ESS applications are still WD Java FPM not WD ABAP FPM.

There is a world of difference - although I suspect that the ABAP FPM was built learning from the lessons of the Java FPM. This has certainly been my experience.

So to clarify Manas' statement - most WD ABAP ESS/MSS apps are ABAP FPM, in the same way that most ESS/MSS WD Java apps are Java FPM...

Expect to see any new applications delivered as WD ABAP FPM.

The cookbook refered to is an excellent resource.

- Chris

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos