cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import requst no error code is 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

one script program (check printing ) is displaying o/p in development is correct.

But in production the o/p is different. What i observed is when transport requst no from

development to production is completed then i goto TCODE 'SE09' and clike on request no and click the menu icon

'TRANSPORT LOG' it showing one error message is

"IMPORT ENDED WITH ERROR CODE IS 8"

what is the problem in this?

please give me the solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navadeep,

There is a '+' sign node at top, in SE09 where you checking this message.

Click on that, It will drop down the list of error whit in your objects (Involved in transport).

Regs,

Lokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thank u for giving immediate reply.

when i search in the SE09 TCODE two errors are displayed. the errors are

1.IMPORT (8) ENDED WITH ERRORS

2. METHOD EXECUTION (8) ENDED WITH ERRORS.

when i click on the 1st error (+ sign) the following error is displayed.

R3TRFORMZAXIS ORIGINAL OBJECT CONNOT BE REPLACED

R3TRFORMZAXIS NOT IMPORTED IN THIS STEP.

when i click on the 2nd error(+ sign) the error is

OBJECT FORM ZAXIS IS NOT YET BEEN IMPORTED SUCCESSFULLY.

how to solve this problem. pls help me in this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm this is a bit weird for a stadard system landscape.

You are sure you have just a normal three way system landscape with development, quality assurence and productive server?

I´m still quite sure we are missing a quite important part of your error log, but still we may assume something now.

For me it sounds like the form ZAXIS is already marked as modified in your productive system, tho i dont really know how that could happen besides opening the productive system for development changes, but who would do such?

If that is the case you should try to reimport your TA again in unconditional mode. Maybe this help,s or if not we need to look a bit further into the Details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the message

R3TRFORMZAXIS ORIGINAL OBJECT CONNOT BE REPLACED

it looks like at some point in the past the form has been created directly in the production system, as there are tools to upload/download SAPscript this is not unusual. One solution is to delete the form in production (if you're certain there's nothing in the production version that's not in the dev version) then reapply the transport.

Regards,

Nick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well return code 8 means that your import wasnt sucessful. And so it is no big wonder that you have a difference between development and productive.

NO ONE can tell you what the problem is without seeing the import log, with ALL the + expanded.