cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC channel communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Why RFC channel should be created under business system when we provide all login credentials in channel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact you can create under even business service also.

you create all system related channels under the associate business system/service.

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

But in help.sap it is mentioed as

The communication channel in which the RFC adapter is defined must be defined for a service of type Business System in the area Service Without Party.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The restriction is for Sender RFC channel.....however the Receiver RFC channel can be created under a Business Service.

The same logic however does not apply for PROXY and IDOC communication.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Apr 8, 2010 3:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How does the sender RFC is restricted.what values are getting fetched from Business system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the data is passed from the ECC or other system then one of the factor used for identifying the sender system in PI is logical system name associated to the Business system....during the creation.in SLD...

Though other factors are like RFC destinations...........

HTH

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Had there been no need to use a RFC destination for sending the RFC data it could have been possible to use business service at the sender end also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In RFC sender channel we provide Progarmid ,gateway ,login credentails etc..i.e all information required is present to login to R3 then what information is used from SLD via business system

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In RFC sender channel we provide Progarmid ,gateway ,login credentails etc..i.e all information required is present to login 
to R3 then what information is used from SLD via business system

Where do you maintain these details other that RFC channel?

What does my RFC destination refer to.....does it refer to the Business system (the SAP system...gateway host)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

what i am trying to ask is ....When all the details for R3 to send RFC call to XI is provided in the channel . Then why business system is used. Ho it is used

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think expert Abhishek maintained that program id, logon credentials are all maintained in RFC channel. If there is no RFC channel where will we maintain all these details. Also RRFC destination points to the business system, that way to the SAP System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what i am trying to ask is ....When all the details for R3 to send RFC call to XI is provided in the channel . Then why business system is used. Ho it is used

I can create my RFC channel under business service right.Why do i require a business system

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Why RFC channel should be created under business system when we provide all login credentials in channel

as each channel needs to be assigned to one business system

and each RFC channel can have different login credentials

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MIchal

Congrats for top in the conribution list

Why cant i create the RFC channel under business service instead of Business system