cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variance calc. with Mix Cost Estimate based on Costing Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For some material, we have defined external / internal procurement alternatives and we want to make a distinction between production version and costing version. So, at the end we have 4 versions : PX01 (prod ext) ; PI01 (prod int) ; CX01 (cost ext) ; CI01 (cost int). The distinction between production & costing version is based on Grp counter & BOM usage.

We released the material cost estimate based on the mix of CX01 & CI01.

We create a production order based on PX01.

=> During the variance calculation, we have the following msg : "CK736 : No cost estimate found for procurement alternative PX01 u2013 Ext. Prod.". This seems logic, but :

1) In standard case, we can define a production version and a costing version and the system is able to make the link during variance calculation.

2) How to indicate to the system the link between PX01 & CX01 ?

Thanks for your answers,

BR,

Yale

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We too have a similar scenario where in when we create materila not against the released cost estimate the varinace posted will be very high. I have been recomonded to use mixed costing principle to reduce the variance (not avoid).

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/manufacturing-pp/blog/2012/03/13/understanding-production-order-var...

Regards

Ranjit Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ranjit,

I think the solution offered in the above this conversation sounds really reasonable.

In Planning they mark and release all the version (4 versions) you have for 1 material, but only 1 updates the price in MM03, but the others are considered while variciance calculation applies in the end. And if in actula from for 1-15 of January you use Version 1 and from 16-21 of January Version 2 and 22-31 of January. Version 3, in the end when Variance calcilation happens the system should be able to find automatically from planning which version to use against which  version in actual. And I think this will happen when you implement note 707994 as mentioned above. One more time, I haven't tested this and I'm not sure if it works or not this is why I'm asking people here who has done it before and is already working in Production. Have you tried this option?

Regards,

Georgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Yale,

you can triy the following solution proposal:

Create and release a standard cost esitmate with ALL Four versions. Versions which are only for production

can get mix rates of 0. So, they will not influence the standard price value, but they should be found from

system during variance calculation.

Note:

System reads released standard price costing which is linked to material master (table mbew). Because it is a mix

costing, system searches for a procurement alternative costing for this version.

This is correct. The function is ck_f_activ_version_find. If you do not accept this behavior you can only modify

this function, but which costing should be found? CX01- or CI01- or mix costing ?

All of them would create high variances because of different structures.

Alternative: Create and release a costing without mix costing. Then ck736 will also not occur, but then you have to

decide which bom should be costed. If produciton order includes an other version you will also get high variances.

best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for you answer.

For your information, the "Official" answer from OSS is this one : "In case mixed-costing is used the target cost calculation looks for that part of the active cost estimate which relates to the procurement alternative/production version. If it cannot be found target costs cannot be calculated and messages are issued. In this case either

the modification of note 707994 or a mapping mechanismn might be helpful."

So, at the end, I will investigate in the possibility to define a mapping based on codification rules for each version.

Thanks and have a good day.

Best regards,

YALE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

How are you? I have an issue which is actually relevant for what are you discussing above. We mark and release Standard Price once per year. We do not use Mix Costing yet... We have repetitive manufacturing with Production Versions many of them, but we mark and release our Standard Prices at the beginning of the year with one Production Version and during the year it is being changed at least 10 times which means we have high variances due to the fact that the system can't calculate Target Costs.

I really wonder what solution can somebody propose to me, I think it is very relevant to the above topic if not the same.

Any help is very much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Georgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this problem solved? If so can you please tell me how you did it? We are having the same problems as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anusha