cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Qty in Third party sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am MM person , executing a Cycle for third party Sales.

I have query regarding Item category , in std SAP Billing relevance field value for Item category TAS is set as F ... what does it mean ? What if i set it to B , what would be difference ?

Also , at my end , I have creates a Sales order - > PR - > PO and now i am changing Qty in PO and expecting that it will automatically update my Sales order but it is not happening.

Is it Std functionality

regards

Shrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Billing relevance B is order related billing according to the order qty. here in this case before receving the vendore invoice the customer invoice is created based on the vendor shiiping infomrtion detail the customer billing will be done.

Billing relevance F - Order related billing according to invoice qty. here in this case the customer invoice is created based on the vendore invoice.

the above mentioned points are difference.

comming to if Po order qty is changed in the sales order the qty will not be effected.

If you are haveing the third party till then only the updation will happen otherwise it wont happen

Thanks.

Vasu

Edited by: Vasu Enaguthi on Apr 8, 2010 11:27 AM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP Billing relevance field value for Item category TAS is set as F ... 
what does it mean ?

F: Order-related billing doc. - status according to invoice quantity

Relevant for order-related billing documents based on the invoice receipt quantity (third-party business transaction). The system transfers the order into the billing due list only after the vendor invoice has been received and processed in the purchasing department. After the receipt of each invoice, a customer invoice is created for the quantity that appears on the vendor invoice. The order has status "Billed" until the next vendor invoice is received.

Item category TAS (Third party item) is set up with billing relevance "F" in the standard system.

This process can also be related to the quantity of goods receipt.

This is self explanatory

F means system will check whether MIRO has been done for that item

What if i set it to B , what would be difference ?

Billing relevance B is wrong for third party because if the sales order is for 5 qty qnd the vendor PO is for 5 units but the vendor delivers only 3 to your customer directly and he gives you bill for only 3 and you do MIRO for 3

If you make Billing relevance B system will make customer invoice for 5 qty which is wrong

If you make Billing relevance F system will make customer invoice for 3 qty which is correct

Also , at my end , I have creates a Sales order - > PR - > PO and now 
i am changing Qty in PO and expecting that it will automatically update 
my Sales order but it is not happening.
Is it Std functionality

Yes if you update po qty system will not update the sales order qty

you need to go for some development here

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Billing relevance 'F' means that the quantity is determined (for customer invoice) from the Invoice of the vendor. Here the order related billing can happen only when, vendor invoice is received and verified from MM side. This is a standard SAP practice for 3rd party sales.

Where as, billing relevance 'B' means, very straight, order quantity is copied into billing document irrespective of goods receipt quantity / vendor invoice quantity. Which is not a good idea for third party transaction. However, you can observe that 'B' is used in returns process where only order quantity is transferred.

Regards,

Nikhil S Kulkarni.