Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict access with object F_LFA1_BEK - problem with F4 search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we want to restrict access to some vendor accounts, which can be shown with transaction FK03 for example.

There is an authorization object F_LFA1_BEK, which can be maintained in the special vendor accounts in field authorization group.

A user with authorization for vendor account with authorization group ZZZZ in it can see all vendors with authorization group ZZZZ and all vendors with no authorization group. But he can't see vendor accounts with authorization group YYYY. To this point, it's ok.

If the user uses the F4 search help he is able to see the vendor accounts with authorization group YYYY too. And this is the problem - the user should not see these vendor accounts. With this option user is able to see address data of a vendor account he should not see.

Is there any possiblity to solve this problem?

Regards,

Julia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know the current status, but this is being looked into generally as it is not only limited to the F4 on LFA/B/M1.

As you only access the name and some attribute data which you can display, it is not necessarily critical and there is no transaction data involved.

Good news is that the BAPIs for search help make these same granular checks which you are expecting.

If I hear something further about these developments I will let you know.

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know the current status, but this is being looked into generally as it is not only limited to the F4 on LFA/B/M1.

As you only access the name and some attribute data which you can display, it is not necessarily critical and there is no transaction data involved.

Good news is that the BAPIs for search help make these same granular checks which you are expecting.

If I hear something further about these developments I will let you know.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

thanks for your answer. It's consolatory to know this. I think it's ok then, when I leave question open.

In meantime I found a solution for the problem of showing address data in F4 search help at least.

There is an user exit in matchcode for search help KREDX named F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_VENDOR and for KREDY named F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_VENDOR_FUZZY.

But unfortunately this is the only exit in this area.

Regards

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

I closed this message. Perhaps there will be any changes in future.

Regards,

Julia