cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office Integration :: No transfer of value from SAP to Excel 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I have struggled with this problem for some time now, but haven't been able to solve it yet. I therefore hope, that you can help me. I'm setting op the Office-Integration to Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel using Field codes and SAP OLE Link server.

I have setup the Office-Integration for each Workstation application (WRD, XLS), for both display, change and print with:

%SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.OUTPLACE%

and have also defined a template for both Word and Excel. When I create a new document from word-template all fields are updatet correctly, but nothing happens with Excel when I create a new document from excel-template. I have inserted the filedcode below but get the error: REFERENCE. I using Microsoft office 2007

=SAP.OLELinkServer.ItemObject.1|SAPOLELinkServerDMS!'!Document.DRAW.DOKAR'

I have tried this on different SAP system now - but have the same problem.

I "belive" that I have set the security level to low in Excel 2007.

Why can't I get the Excel-Integration to work.

- Isn't the OLE Link server started with Excel, as it is with Word. Am I missing some customizing?

- Is the field code in Excel wrong?

- Security settings in Excel, that I'm missing?

Looking forward to here from you ASAP. Thanks

Best Regards

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I have just activated OLE-Links from SAP DMS into Excel via Office-Integration by using link-server technology, it works.

This is the Link Syntax i have used.

=SAP.OLELinkServer.ItemObject.1|SAPOLELinkServerDMS!'!Document.DRAW.DOKAR'

=SAP.OLELinkServer.ItemObject.1|SAPOLELinkServerDMS!'!Document.DRAW.DOKNR'

=SAP.OLELinkServer.ItemObject.1|SAPOLELinkServerDMS!'!Document.DRAW.DOKVR'

=SAP.OLELinkServer.ItemObject.1|SAPOLELinkServerDMS!'!Document.DRAW.DOKTL'

=SAP.OLELinkServer.ItemObject.1|SAPOLELinkServerDMS!'!Document.DRAW.DWNAM'

I'm also looking for OLE-Link Datatransfer to Powerpoint and Visio. Did anyone know how this is done ?

Regards

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The new file property tech does not work with Excel.

See [SAP DMS Office int help|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/c1/1c31a243c711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm]

Snippet from the help:

You can only transfer data using link-server technology for original application files that you created with Microsoft Word. Transfer of data from the SAP system to Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is not supported.

Sorry about that. I would love for it to work as well.

Regards,

Espen Leknes