cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Sequence from Dev to Qas during Roll Out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing a Roll Out. The modules involved are FICO, SD, MM, CS, CRM, BI, XI.

After the development and Unit Testing of all the above modules, it needs to be transported to QAS system for further testing.

So, what should be the sequence of transports (Module Wise) from DEV to QAS. Which module should be transported first and which other modules should follow?

Also do we have to transport the Best Practices first to the QAS system. what about the company codes. Do we have to create it again in QAS system?

Regards,

Yunus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yunus,

It's the functional/development teams that should tell you the sequence of the transports as they better understand the dependency not just for there own module but also between modules.

Company code is transportable but there is some config. which cannot be transported. I have seen both cases where in some companies Number ranges are transported and in some they are created as part of Manual config. in each system. Again you need to ask this to the functional consultants as what they are moving as part of transports and what they will be doing as part of Manual config.

What I would recommend is to have a project plan with all the tasks, sequence and dependencies that need to be done as part of QA build. When all your Integration and Stress testing is done use the same plan to build PRD as you know all the sequence and dependency on how QA build.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Your answer help me and I contacted my PM for all the Transport details...

Regards,

Yunus