SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document spliting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement where we need to split a document into two (the amount and the due dates will be different) in a program, to achieve this we are using FM:FKK_OPEN_ITEM_SPLIT. Itu2019s giving an error which says u201Clock could not be established".

Any suggestion how we can achieve this?

Regards,

Gaurav

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

First two questions:

One about the document you are trying to split: are there any locks on the document that might explain the SAP message?

The second: is there a possibility to create the split earlier in the process? Like at invoice creation (here I am assuming that your using ISU billing & invoicing to create your open items).

The answers would give a bit more insight into the problem.

Thanks,

Richard Griffith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Without knowing the business reason behind this spliting, I am not totally sure if you can call SAP internal function module FKK_OPEN_ITEM_SPLIT directly. This function module splits an open item during partial clearing and that is a only situation when an item should be splitted.

However, when you want to split an open item, I would expect, that the item has been read by the program, which calls FKK_OPEN_ITEM_SPLIT shortly before the split function is called.

Hope this helps.

regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using SAP function modules that are called deep inside the code, then you will run into these kind of issues as well as issues with commits. Can you please elaborate on your requirement? Is it payments that you are talking about, or is invoice related FICA documents? What type documents are we talking about? Please take a look at FQEVENTS 10, 20 and 30 which allow you to post additional documents but not exactly split the open items into two documents. You have to do the logic of grouping them elsewhere instead of trying to call this function module while the document is getting created. Where are you calling this function module from?