cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do calculation before import of data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a situation here where I need to map accounts to specific BPC accounts and use them in formula at the same time:

Ex. I have accounts Stock Value A and Stock Value B both mapped to account Stock Value, Product A and Product B both mapped to account Product. Then, I have an account Total Net Cost which is Stock Value less Product. Now, I need to break Net Cost into two child Net Cost A and Net Cost B wherein Net Cost A = Stock Value A - Product A and Net Cost B = Stock Value B - Product B. But in my structure I only have:

Stock Value

Product

Net Cost

-

Net Cost A

-

Net Cost B

Of course I could simply create sub-accounts for Stock Value and Product and map the data accordingly to arrive at individual values of Net Cost A and B but I have conflict the Planning side of our application, so I'm thinking if there is a way I could use the conversion file to do the calculation so that before the values for Stock Value and Product are imported, I've already calculated the individual values of Net Cost A and B.

Thanks,

Marvin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Marvin,

I don't think I get what do you have into import file and what you would like to have imported.

The mapped you can do it ...the calculation can be done before or after the insert into database but I don't think I undertand what you would like like input and what you would like to have into ouput.

If you can provide an example with just one two line from import file and what you expect after the import then may be I can provide you suggestions.

Kind Regards

Sorin Radulescu

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

No,

You are first converting into BPC accounts inserting into database and after that run the calculation.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I need to do that before the two data are imported into a single account in BPC, can I do that in the conversion formula instead?

Thanks,

Marvin

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

When you are doing import you can run a calculation at the end using Default formula.

That's means when actually the import will be completed you will have also the calculation done.

Of course changing the Import package you can run even other logic not necessary default formula.

So into your logic you will do the calculation and actually when the imprt package will be completed the user will see the expected values.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sorin,

Thanks for the reply. You mean I can make calculations in the dataset before they're imported to BPC? I mean can I read in the account ID's in the dataset before they are converted to BPC account ID's?

Thanks,

Marvin