cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup EWA without SAPOSS Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

currently i'm setting up an EWA for my production server from solution manager, but the things is my SAPOSS was unable to turn on due to the company networking policy, is it possible to do that? thanks.

Regards

Hariyono

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hariyono

As Paul says without an RFC to SAP many things can be affected more than just EWA forwarding

However SDCC do provide some workarounds for customers who do not have a connection to SAP

- these however are not Best Practices and I am not aware of the current support conditions surrounding these workarounds

See the following notes

Note 69455, question 9 -download service tools manually

Note 727998 - update service definitions manually

Best wishes

Stuart

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you say without an SAPOSS connection, are you saying no RFC connection to SAP at all?

Because if that is the case there is another issue to be aware of.

if your service definitions become corrupt, or need updating due to system updates, upgrades, there will be the possibility that inconsistencies can appear that would normally be addressed with an SDCCN Refresh Service task, and in the case of corruption and a complete replacement was necessary this could not be done easily.

So its not just sending to SAP that could be impacted if you actually meant no network conenction via RFC to SAP.

I hope this was also helpful.

Regards,

Paul

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Mark said, you will require this only to create SDCC_OSS. If you do not wish to send your EWA to SAP, you can ignore this. But this is not a best practice in related with EWA.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hariyono,

You do not need an OSS connection in order to be running EWA from your SOLMAN system. SAPOSS is there if you would like these EWA reports sent to SAP, every 4th report or consecutive 3rd Red report. You can definitely get this done without a connection.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks,

Mark