cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Attributes - cFolder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I could access Material Attribute file through webDAV and make the changes for additional material types..

There are many fields maintained in Material Master in R3 as Class and Characteristic values..

Is there any way to export these values too to cFolders when we export Material, BOM from R3

Regards,

Aby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey Aby,

so you are saying you are talking about the PDX export profile data elements themselves and not about any existing material master classification in SAP ERP?

The PDX export/import profile contains all data elements of the IPC 257x series we are supporting. In the default profiles, only those that typically make sense in a cFolders environment are mapped. The profile is for export/import of the PDX package from/to cFolders, does have nothing to do with the SAP ERP backend integration.

If you want to pass on more attributes related to a material in the SAP ERP backend up to the external partner downloading a PDX package, you need to first of all extend the material data model in cFolders or leverage object categorization, filling this data in the export from SAP ERP. Now you can either map this data into additional AdditionalAttribute elements of the PDX package export/import profile, or fill additional AdditionalAttribute elements with a BADI.

Let me know if you want to chat about this.

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ulf.

We will add the attributes like Productline, Lifecycle phase etc in cutomising and use CFX_STUCTURE_EXPORT to fetch the values and show in PDX

This values will be fetched from the Material Master classification values using a development. If this is working fine, I dont think there is need to upload Char values from Material master R3 to cFolders..

Will revert back if we face any issues.,

Regards,

Aby

Edited by: Aby Thomas on Apr 9, 2010 5:59 PM

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

what you can do to export some of the classification data is to leverage the object categorization capability in cFolders, or, if it is always the same class and the same characteristics, you for sure could extend the material attributes defintion itself.

Generally, most of the classification data should not be relevant for a collaboration scenario.

You would categorize the exported object within the CFX_BI_EXPORT BADI.

Help for Object Categorization:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm450sp04/helpdata/en/ab/704fc4eb1cfb4abb757ee5e81e029f/frameset.htm]

Additionally this is described in more detail in the Configuration Guide.

What kind of classification data would you like to export?

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

What kind of classification data would you like to export?

I need to explain the scenario, and am not sure the approach is correct

We are trying to map Agile PLM functionality here.. Ultimate aim is to export BOM as PDX package. For this

1) We are exporting BOM from R3 to cFolders using CFE02

2) From cFolders , extracting as PDX

When I went though customizing we have "Specify Field Mapping Profile for PDX Package Import and Exp"

Inside 0SAP_CFX Profile for Master Data Item , there are many XML attributes like

- Code of Lifecycle phase

- Product line

-Unique Label of Item

-Make or buy decision and many more

Where can we map these attributes in cFolders?

As the BOM's are exported from R3, we thought we will put the above attributes as CHARS in Classification

Regards,

Aby