cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI or other solution to automatically assign object id number for Object

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! When we create an IBase via IB51 and assign individual object, the standard system will require an object id to be assigned. This has to be an external number. We are exploring the possibilities of automatically assigning a number range for it. I know what functional module to generate the next number range. However, I have more problem at the transactional level, as in while assigning an object, I must enter a number and I do not know whether there is a way to do the automatic assignment at that point in time. Has anyone tried to do something similar?

Any ideas are welcomed.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

No solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SF,

We had exactly similar requirement as yours, but unfortunately we did not find any solution then. So to meet the client's requirement, we created a custom program to create IObjects. It was a manual process and the users used to assign the Iobject number created to the Ibase using IB51 transaction manually.

Regards,

Shyamak

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamak,

Thanks for sharing your solution. It is good to know that someone else is also looking for similar solution.

Regards

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check if BADI_IBASE_ADDINFO work for you?

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! It looks like it may be a bit too late as the BADI is called only after the object is created.

Has anybody else tried to automate the object id creation in the IBase?

Regards

SF